FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » i'm disappointed

Author Topic: i'm disappointed
shicker
Member # 5853

- posted      Profile for shicker   Email shicker         Edit/Delete Post 
As being one of osc greatest fans i wasnt aware of his visit to israel until the last day of his staying,there were no more tickets available.
i have read most if not all of his books and would like to say to him that i read alot but no writer is any sort of a match to him,what he write becomes true to each and every person who read it.(in his head ofcourse).
I'm just disappointed than i missed the chance to shake the hand that belongs to "the man" that can write so well so you feel like your a part of the story in the books your reading.
me

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I didn't realize he had gone over to Israel to visit either -- when was he over in your country? Here I live in the USA and I still have never had a chance to meet him yet....

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, maybe if you hadn't been "shikkur" . . . [Wink]

Seriously, I'd be very disappointed too. Maybe he'll do another ICon someday -- it sure looks like he had fun from the pictures.

And welcome to Hatrack! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabriel
Member # 5865

- posted      Profile for Gabriel   Email Gabriel         Edit/Delete Post 
My 12th grade English teacher had dinner with him right after he wrote Ender's Game...I guess from what I gather she was trying to get the School Board to include Ender's Game into our curriculum, but the school though there was too much nudity. Well she ended up getting into our curriculum after he invited her and the head of the school borad to have dinner...I dunno I guess she is pretty lucky...
Posts: 12 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shicker
Member # 5853

- posted      Profile for shicker   Email shicker         Edit/Delete Post 
well.....
i guess she was luckey.
i'm still disappointed though

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
X12
Member # 5867

- posted      Profile for X12   Email X12         Edit/Delete Post 
We are all dissapointed. I'm very sorry for you. Maybe next trip he makes?
Posts: 100 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
You can do better than just shake his hand.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
X12
Member # 5867

- posted      Profile for X12   Email X12         Edit/Delete Post 
T_Smith:

That is very interesting...

Maybe you ahould post that more regularly...
He he he...

Posts: 100 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ariel List
Member # 5372

- posted      Profile for Ariel List   Email Ariel List         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe this.
I participate in your disgust.
How can they have absolutely no PR whatsoever? I would have loved to come to meet him. I had absolutely no idea that he was in Israel.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raphael
Member # 5870

- posted      Profile for raphael   Email raphael         Edit/Delete Post 
same here.
when i heard he came it was too late already(since he had by then left)i was really annoyed

Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

- posted      Profile for Julian Delphiki Jr.   Email Julian Delphiki Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
Woah, that was not a particularly flattering picture of Card.......

-W-

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? I think it's a great picture, and depicts the insane madness that is deep inside him, waiting to get down on paper.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.