FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Why hasn't there been any movies?

Author Topic: Why hasn't there been any movies?
Tristionya
Member # 5869

- posted      Profile for Tristionya   Email Tristionya         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what your all thinking, movies just aren't as good as the books and in some cases the movies sabbatage the books completely. However every good book has had a movie atleast based on it. Why hasn't OSC ever made a movie? I was thinking about this earlier today and I just had to ask. It has just been eating away at my brain. So I thought I would hear some of everyones feelings on the matter.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
There's an Ender's Game movie in progress, unless something happened.

[ November 03, 2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristionya
Member # 5869

- posted      Profile for Tristionya   Email Tristionya         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Is there really...I've never even heard about it. Well jeez don't I feel like a retard. Anyway thanks.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
A short film by OSC: http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/remindme/index.html
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
He was involved with the movie "The Abyss" if I remember correctly. And he wrote the puns for the computer game "Monkey Island".

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He was involved with the movie "The Abyss" if I remember correctly.
He wrote the novelization, which is, by the way, far better than the movie.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristionya
Member # 5869

[ROFL] Thanks folks. I was just wondering about the whole movie thing. Thanks though again for clearing the whole thing up for me.
ScienceGiant
Member # 5587

- posted      Profile for ScienceGiant   Email ScienceGiant         Edit/Delete Post 
I asked OSC about that during our radio interview. Listen to his reponse this Monday (11 Nov. 03)

Sci-Fi Overdrive Radio Program for 10 November
THIS WEEK (10 November 2003) on SCI-FI OVERDRIVE, heard on the Business Talk Radio Network:

Hr. 2 - Chris DiBona, Vice President of Marketing and Founder, Damage Studios

Hr. 3 - author Orson Scott Card

Hr. 4 - composer Don Davis

Hour 1 (2 AM ET): sci-fi news and commentary, including the Weekly World News world news of the week with your hosts Joey Donovan, David Durica, Erich Landstrom, Lauren Urban, and Charles Blake. http://www.scifioverdrive.com

Hour 2 (3 AM ET): Interview with Chris DiBona, Vice President of Marketing and Founder, Damage Studios. Chris DiBona brings extensive experience in marketing and community relations to Damage Studios. As the third executive hired at VA Software, Mr. DiBona spearheaded the acquisitions of Linux.com and Andover.net, and worked on the largest ever IPO in Nasdaq history. He also ran developer and Linux community relations and played a vital part in the OSDN media organization. Prior to VA, Mr. DiBona held developer positions in computer security with Tandem Computers (Acquired by Compaq) and the United States Department of State. He is a frequent commentator on open source and development issues and has spoken on game development at the Gaming Developers Conference. http://www.dibona.com

Hour 3 (4 AM ET): Interview with author Orson Scott Card. Card won the Hugo and Nebula awards for best novel two years in a row for Ender's Game and its sequel, Speaker for the Dead, in 1986 and 1987. Warner Brothers also recently announced that it has made a deal for director Wolfgang Petersen to bring Ender's Game to the big screen. Perhaps Card's most innovative work is his American fantasy series The Tales of Alvin Maker, whose first five volumes, Seventh Son, Red Prophet, Prentice Alvin, Alvin Journeyman, and Heartfire are set in a magical version of the American frontier. The most recent volume, The Crystal City (November 2003), and the final volume, Master Alvin, will complete this reexamination of American history. France awarded Heartfire its highest science fiction award, Le Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire 2000. http://www.hatrack.com

Hour 4 (5 AM ET): Interview with composer Don Davis. Don Davis collaborated with the Wachowski when he scored their films THE MATRIX trilogy, as well as THE ANIMATRIX project and the video, and BOUND. His composing credits also include Jurassic Park III, Universal Soldier House On Haunted Hill, Warriors of Virtue, House Of Frankenstein, Robin Cook's Invasion, Pandora's Clock, The Beast and In The Best Of Families, as well as for the TV series SeaQuest DSV, Capitol Critters, My Life and Times, Tiny Toon Adventures, Star Trek: The Next Generation and Beauty And The Beast. http://dondavis.filmmusic.com/

SCI-FI OVERDRIVE is America's premier talk radio program about science fiction, the only nation-wide weekly radio talk show exclusively covering sci-fi and its related genres, such as comic books, animation, role-playing, horror and fantasy. We also highlight real science stranger sounding than fiction, including astronaut interviews, NASA news on missions of discovery and exploration, and the "Sci Sky" with Stuart Goldman, associate editor of the essential magazine of astronomy SKY & TELESCOPE. Guests span the sci-fi spectrum from actors to authors to animators to astronomers to astronauts, too!

SCI-FI OVERDRIVE is heard Monday mornings (2-6AM EDT, 11PM-3AM PDT, 7-11AM BST, 4-8PM AEST) nationwide over 20 affiliate stations of the Business Talk Radio network http://www.businesstalkradio.net and streamed over the Internet using Windows Media Player. (All times are local)

WBCF 1240AM, Florence, AL 1AM-5AM

KFNN 1510 Phoenix, AZ 12AM-4AM

KNRY 1240 Salinas, CA 11PM-3AM

KDMN 1450 Buena Vista, CO 12AM-4AM

KSKE 610 Vail, CO 12AM-4AM

WGCH 1490 Stamford, CT 2AM-6AM

WTMY 1280 Sarasota, FL 2AM-6AM

KFRM 550 Salina, KS 1AM-5AM

WBNW 1120 Boston, MA 2AM-6AM

KCCO 950 Minneapolis, MN 1AM-5AM

WHWH 1350 Trenton, NJ 2AM-5AM

WVKZ 1240 Albany, NY 2AM-5AM

KGWA 960 Enid, OK 1AM-5AM

KBNP 1410 Portland, OR 11PM-3AM

WHVR 1280 York, PA 2AM-5AM

WPSE 1450 Erie, PA 2AM-6AM

WISW 1320 Columbia, SC 2AM-6AM

WDXI 1310 Jackson, TN 1AM-5AM

WHAN 1430 Richmond, VA 2AM-5AM

KSBN 1230 Spokane, WA 11PM-1AM

Check out the Sci-Fi Overdrive website at http://www.scifioverdrive.com! - station locator to find our affiliate nearest you, - episode archives on MP3, - Dave's Ramblings, the Oversky Almanac, and much more The preview page contains information of interest to potential advertisers seeking our signal to reach the national market. For information on advertising with us, visit http://www.interstellartransmissions.com/corp/index.html

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.