FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » A Few Words of Praise

Author Topic: A Few Words of Praise
LSD
Member # 5932

- posted      Profile for LSD   Email LSD         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got a copy of Shadow Puppets, and I just want to say that the scene in the beginning where Suriyawong "invited" Achilles to visit the Hegemon was so well-written that near the end I knew that, despite appearances, Suri was NOT in Achilles court. Too bad Bean didn't have the chance to read the same chapter I had, or he wouldn't have been so worried when he went in the East Gate with Peter.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AkindredSpeaker
Member # 5899

- posted      Profile for AkindredSpeaker   Email AkindredSpeaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, LSD from a fellow newbie [Wave]

I'd have to agree, that is a very kewl part of the book. That Suri is a smart guy, good at surviving Achilles; and of course, OSC thought of the perfect way for him to do it - "lend" Achille the means of his escape.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.