FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Welp....

Author Topic: Welp....
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been quite some time since i've been to the forum, and I'm not so sure if i'm dissapointed or happy to see all the same conversations going on.. Hobbes is still happy facing everything, and people are still asking questions they could get the answers to if they just looked a little.. Welp... dissapointed or happy, I'll always be coming back I guess..

~Sir Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
That's why I don't come over to this side all too often. The other side moves a lot quicker (though it doesn't talk as much about OSC obviously)
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus Jack
Member # 2671

- posted      Profile for Cactus Jack           Edit/Delete Post 
I think somebody already posted a thread about this.
Posts: 241 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Pepek!! I remember you! Welcome back to all the fun that is this forum!! [Wink]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

*smacks his head* I knew something was odd- I meant to post this on the other side. Heh- glad to be back, thanks.

~Sir Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed I am. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

- posted      Profile for Julian Delphiki Jr.   Email Julian Delphiki Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
"The Other Side"???? What the hell is that????? Is it some sort of dark/darker relm that I have no Idea about?????? Or is it simply the link below the one fot this fourm??????? I NEED ANSWERS!!!

-W-

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

*blinks*

You poor poor soul...

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Jr, one puntuation mark is sufficient. The other side is referring to the Books, Food and American Culture forum.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

- posted      Profile for Julian Delphiki Jr.   Email Julian Delphiki Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah.

This is the only place I go on this site. My head would explode if I tried to keep track of all other things.

As fot the Jr. bit, That is not my name. Nor is Julian Delphiki. It is the real name of the bean character.

-I said it once, and I'll say it again, I am W-

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MuadDib
Member # 5925

- posted      Profile for MuadDib   Email MuadDib         Edit/Delete Post 
I find it rather offensive that you assume that others wouldn't realize who Julian Delphiki Jr. really is.

Try to remember, other people have read the books you're talking about, and even being vague about some things, people will generally understand about most things.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snuffles
Member # 4332

- posted      Profile for Snuffles   Email Snuffles         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice of you to be condesending to someone who was trying to be nice to you.

It's customary to refer to people on forums by their usernames. Maybe you should have registerd something you want to be called.

Grrr!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
X12
Member # 5867

- posted      Profile for X12   Email X12         Edit/Delete Post 
Le Grre!
Posts: 100 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

The other side is really cool and if you haven't crossed over yet, I strongly suggest that you do.

[ November 24, 2003, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Julie ]

Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

Condesendtion is not what I had in mind. I was merly informing. At the end of every post, I sign my name, W. The only reason that it is not my user name is because we cannot have single letter names, and if we could, it would have been taken.

I am sorry if I offended soneone with my poor word choice.

-I remain, W-

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'll bite. Why is your name "W?" Could your parents not afford any more letters? Was there an accident at the birth certificate factory? Does it just seem like an improvement on "Julian?"
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

No. It was origianlly William. However, my records and my grandfather's records kept getting mixed up. So, on my SS card, it says W now to get rid of this confusion. However, it is not changed on my birth certificate. i am saving that for my 18th birthday.

-W-

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I get that you're try to be funnier, Tom, because of what beatnix19 said about you on the other side, but really you're trying too hard. [Wink]
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Check the dates on the posts, kid. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Tom, my grandfather's first name is "W" because of a mistake by the nurse on his birth certificate.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jonny, Let me pick my own fights! [Wink] Sure, Tom and I have gone a round or two but let me decide when I want the next one to start. And I must say this would not be the time. I actually found his comment to be mildly amusing because I too was wondering what was up with the W.

[ November 25, 2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: beatnix19 ]

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

Ands now you know. W A Hibdon would have been my login, if not for idiotcy on my part. I put my e-mail as WAHibdon@nrtscape.COM. there is no @ netscape.com, but netscape.NET. So, I was screwed over for that bit.

-W-

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
MuaDib, not everyone reads all OSC's books. And I was informed earlier today there are a lot of folks bouncing around that haven't read any, especially on the other side.

Though I had quite another thought about why he was named W. Something about outgoing Clinton staffers stealing all the W's from the White house. Making it the Hite house. Which is kind of appropriate after the Clinton years.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Check the dates on the posts, kid. [Wink]
I might be as old as you, although you have posted more.

posted November 24, 2003 08:11 PM Tom, this is when you first asked about W.

posted November 24, 2003 02:41 PM This is when Beatnix19 made his first comment about his seeing you posting something funny for the first time. Clearly, your post came after his remark. And the dates are the same! (the time is different, though [Wink] ).

Was your comment even addressed to me?

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Rather than checking when Beatrix first made his post, which after all indicates only when he MADE it, check the time on my reply to that post -- which indicates when I READ it. [Smile]
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Actually, that doesn't indicate the time you read it but the time you replied to it. [Taunt] So take that, kid!
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

In anticipation of your next post, it was reasonable for me to make a joke about it whether it was true or not. A more reasonable response from you to my joke would have been, "I hadn't read Beatnix19's post when I asked W about his name", instead of the presumptive "Check the dates on the posts, kid. [Smile] ". Jokes can take advantage of opportunity regardless of what actually happened, this one based on what could have happened. And I think I've thoroughly spoiled the joke, now. Or you did. Or it was a joint effort.
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, now neither of you are being funny. If you need to explain the joke then the joke was a failed attempt.

Amateurs [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

Wow.. this thread flip flopped all over the place...
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

It may be flipflopping, but at least it is still alive.

One more thing, I never got the joke. Nor did I know a joke was being made until today when I read the posts after my last. It was not a very good joke...

-W-

Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

Well, how do you like that? I killed it. Dead and gone, no longer to see the light of day. Let us all have a moment of silence....Thanks.

-W-

Pepek
Member # 3773

*bump*

Just out of spite for the last comment.

Julie
Member # 5580

[Big Grin] Hey W, you know you can make whatever user name you want and if you enter a real name that's what it shows? That's why I'm Julie. It wasn't meant to be a user name.
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

I know that. That is what I wanted. However, I screwed up. I tryed to get WAHibdon, but I accidently put .com at the end of my e-amil, instead of .net. I already went over this up top.

-W-

Julie
Member # 5580

Yes, but that's why I don't understand why you can't get what you originally wanted. You can put whatever you want for the user name, and then put what you really want into the real name and it should give it to you.
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

See, the displayed name has to be unique. I already tried to use the WAHibon, but screwed up. So now, i am forced to use Julian Delphiki. Not to say that I dislike this name. I like it a lot. esp. when "julian" is pronounced the French way. Julian is a cool name.

-Not really wishing my name was Julian, I am W-

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I am T.

Smoove T.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julian Delphiki Jr.
Member # 5882

Ah, i am overwelmed by your smooveness.

-W-

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.