FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Final Destination III: Seventh Son

Author Topic: Final Destination III: Seventh Son
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I was rereading this book the other day, and all the close shaves with the Unmaker really reminded me of the FD films. I can almost see a similar editing style being used to film them.
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
What is an FD film?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
mr_porteiro_head --- Did you READ the title of the post at all??

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl,

He may not be from America and not know what is meant by Final Destination films.

Mr.P.

There has been a series of movies in America called Final Destination. The basic premise is that a group of people(usually good looking 20 somethings) somehow escape death. Death then comes back and tries to kill them again, since death can not be cheated. Death usually makes itself known in a much more gruesome maner the second time around.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl -- Yes, I read it, but it meant nothing to me.

MS^2 -- Actually, I'm an American, but I have not even heard of these movies. I am not the most faithful consumer of pop culture. Thanks for the explination.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
My apologies, Mr. PH. I never even thought of it in the way msquared pointed out. Sorry if I was rude.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.