FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » tie-in book...

Author Topic: tie-in book...
stone_maiden
Member # 4071

- posted      Profile for stone_maiden   Email stone_maiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone is taking the tie-in book for granted, but I'm not. Don't get me wrong or anything--I LOVE the Shadow series and the character development of the real Peter, but only because I'm sifting through the pages out of nostalgia for the former Speaker series. I loved those books, and I zealously wait for the tie-in, but what will happen if they decide not to do it at all?

Will I imagine out absurd scenarios in my pithy little mind? Probably. Will they be of the quality of this ramble? Probably.

Posts: 40 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
What will happen? Probably nothing. People would be disappointed, sure, but we'd be conforted by whatever books were written in its place. Though I still think it will be written eventually. It's a great concept that I'm eager to read.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stone_maiden
Member # 4071

- posted      Profile for stone_maiden   Email stone_maiden         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that this topic's been tried and trite, but I had to say something about it when I realized that the Ender and Shadow series were my favorite books in the world.
Posts: 40 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen
Member # 6078

- posted      Profile for Stephen   Email Stephen         Edit/Delete Post 
What exactly is this tie-in you speak of? What is supposed to happen in it?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grandma Edie
Member # 5771

- posted      Profile for Grandma Edie   Email Grandma Edie         Edit/Delete Post 
Stephen,

The "tie-in book" refers to a possible book that Card hopes to write that will tie the Shadow Books and the Speaker Books together in one saga.

At the end of Ender's Gamewe are told that Peter, Hegemon of Earth, when dying in old age, asks his brother, Ender, to write a book to Speak for him, telling all his good and bad, just as Ender did for the Hive Queen. Presumably, this is one of the things that will happen in it.

Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't OSC say it would have something to do with Bean's Children and the Lusitanians/Descoladores? Not as much a 'bridge' book, but a final, EnderVerse capping conclusion
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner. [Wink] [Smile]

Or at least that's what's been hinted at, and as I recall at one of the signings (or maybe it was all the way back at EnderCon, I can't remember now) he said that's what he wanted to do with it. I suppose it could've changed in that (rather significant) period of time but that's what I've heard. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the description is on PWEB. Let me go find it.

Edit: Nope, can't find it.

[ January 07, 2004, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Julie ]

Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.