FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Character Correllation

Author Topic: Character Correllation
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
I notices while thinking about a comparison of Ender and Alvin that a few interesting things seem to correlate.

Ender and Alvin have very similar personalities.

Miro and Measure match up nicely

Ela and Elenor: Alvin's sister married to Armor of God and the Geneticist who called the Recolada out of thin air. Match up nicely.

Jane and Peggy

Calvin and Grego

It seems to me that OSC has certain archetype patterns that he is following so I was curious if anybody know the origin of the roles or if they are also present in his other series works?

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Nafai also matches up with Ender/Alvin. Elemak could be Peter/Grego/Calvin. Luet is like Peggy/Jane. Husidh is like Valentine and, to a certain degree, Ela. Issib is similar to Miro/Measure.

There are also a lot of similarity of ideas. Husidh's seeing of the lines that connect people is nearly the same as the philotic theory.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That's really weird. Almost like the people writing all of those books were talking to each other. [Wink]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grandma Edie
Member # 5771

- posted      Profile for Grandma Edie   Email Grandma Edie         Edit/Delete Post 
Also: Quara in the Speaker Trilogy and Qira in Sarah have a similar characteristic: Being contrary.

Also: The Taino (the native americans who welcomed Columbus, characters in Pastwatch who disappeared from our history, and the country of Taina, in Enchantment a fictitious country that disappeared from our history.
I discuss some of this in my book.

Grandma Edie, also known as Edith S. Tyson, author
of Orson Scott Card: Writer of the Terrible Choice.

Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Qira most resembled Kokor in my mind. But a successful story has to have many different types of people. It's a rare book where all the personalities are the same. Okay, there's Atlas Shrugged .
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.