FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » crystal city paper back?

Author Topic: crystal city paper back?
mickey_mouse
Member # 4533

- posted      Profile for mickey_mouse   Email mickey_mouse         Edit/Delete Post 
Any one know when a paperback version of crystal city will be released?
Posts: 70 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

- posted      Profile for alath   Email alath         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent an e-mail in mid-december asking when the paperback would come out and I got this reply back:

quote:
At this point it's hard to tell, but a general guideline is that the paperback usually come out about a year after the hardcover. If the hardcover is a bestseller, it can be longer; if the hardcover doesn't sell as well as anticipated, it can be less than a year.

Once it is available in paperback, we'll be sure to post it on the website, so you might want to check back there every now and then.

Sincerely,

Kathleen Bellamy
Assistant to OSC

That was a while ago, though, so they may have more information by now. [Dont Know]

[ February 03, 2004, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: alath ]

Posts: 145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theorist B
Member # 6173

- posted      Profile for Theorist B   Email Theorist B         Edit/Delete Post 
What they said in the letter is pretty much the way it will be. Publishers like to get as much out of the hard cover as possible. Best sellers especialy take a while.

I work at Borders and have more people as about the Davinci Code in paper back than any other book.

I also get customers asking about when John Steinbeck will be on Oprah with his new book East of Eden. They make me laugh.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
:Chuckle: John Steinbeck on Oprah. That's a good one.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
People actually asking about The DaVinci Code is pretty depressing in and of itself, for that matter.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.