FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ender's Game News from Variety

Author Topic: Ender's Game News from Variety
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=upsell_article&articleID=VR1117899849& categoryID=13&cs=1

Looks like things are going into motion...

Edit: X2 was an excellent adaptation of a complicated comic series that managed to fit in a whole bunch of story lines without creating an incoherent result. I think that bodes well for Ender, although I'm a bit concerned about this becoming too much of an action movie. I hope they manage to keep the focus on Ender as a person, rather than the sci-fi background elements of the story.

[ February 10, 2004, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Tresopax ]

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
we are one step closer!!
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SingingPencil
Member # 6196

- posted      Profile for SingingPencil   Email SingingPencil         Edit/Delete Post 
I generally do not lack for imagination, but I have trouble seeing Ender's Game as a movie. Not the action but the psychology. Or, rather the psychology in action. Seen from the outside, there's a bunch of children fighting and even killing. Reading the book, don't think of them as children so much as characters. How do you translate that to celluloid?

[ February 10, 2004, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: SingingPencil ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
A link to a diff. page. (I think)
quote:
The project is one close to the heart of one of the writers. "My parents gave me the book when I was a kid, and it is the reason I fell in love with science fiction and is somewhat responsible for what I am doing for a career," said Dan Harris to Variety.

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Midnight, the link you have contains a shortened version of the Variety article. which is good, because most people don't have access to Daily Variety [Smile]

**hugs his subscription to the online and print services**

[ February 10, 2004, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikal
Member # 5564

- posted      Profile for Mikal   Email Mikal         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw this news story over at www.cinescape.com

glad to hear progress is being made.

Posts: 41 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bmeaker
Member # 4443

- posted      Profile for bmeaker   Email bmeaker         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/ender/endersgame_update.html
Posts: 53 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
How much writing did Christopher Mcquerrrie do on X-Men 2? I was under the impression he'd done quite a bit.
Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck to the whole gang.

.make a great movie.

.that's all I ask.

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pwiscombe
Member # 181

- posted      Profile for pwiscombe   Email pwiscombe         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean that this might actually be made in my lifetime!!!

I had put a clause in my will that my decendents were to take my ashes to the premier and scatter them in the light of the projector.

Posts: 258 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.