FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Enders Game Movie - Casting/Auditions. (Page 0)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enders Game Movie - Casting/Auditions.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That wouldn't bother me at all. I don't think that he *should*, but he *could*.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
If he were still alive, I would cast Andre the Giant as Bean. I'm sure that, because of his great acting skills, he would be able to play the role convincingly.

How about Robin Williams as Mazar?

How about Whoopi Goldberg as Valentine?

Alan Rickman has the personality to make a great Peter. Put a little make up on him and he could be a lot younger!

Since we now have a black Val and a white Peter, I think we now need an oriental Ender. How about Jackie Chan? All of the makers of his unrealistic movies already make it seem like he can fly on his jumps; this already qualifies him for the battle rooms.

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camber
Member # 6154

- posted      Profile for Camber   Email Camber         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny Elfman needs a part. Maybe as the government guy who gets on his knees in the final battle scene. Either that or he could do the music. I want "Only a Lad" on the soundrack.

[ June 10, 2004, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: Camber ]

Posts: 22 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Hugo Weaving needs to play Colonel Graff. Why?

"Major Anderson, I've been expecting you..."

*that's* why.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Weaving would do well in any age-(or ageless)-appropriate role. He's demonstrated that over and over.

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArCHeR
Member # 6616

- posted      Profile for ArCHeR   Email ArCHeR         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The day the movie comes out will be the day we argue over who will play the Riberia family in the sequel.
You're not thinking like Holywood. The next movie will be Shadow of the Hegemon. Kidnaping, murder and war always outsell theological discussions and planting trees... [Wink]
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
That's right.. A movie with Peter in it is pure gold.

-Sir Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrysophylax
Member # 6630

- posted      Profile for chrysophylax   Email chrysophylax         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazer Rackham- Ron Rifkin, who plays "Arvin Sloan" on Alias. note the deep-set eyes and rugged, ugly features Rifkin

oh, and that lloyd kid? terrible choice. ive never seen someone more ill-suited for the role.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes you have. Dwaye Johnson, AKA The Rock, is slightly more ill-suited for the role. [Razz]

As are Jim Carrey and Julie Andrews.

[ June 21, 2004, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrysophylax
Member # 6630

- posted      Profile for chrysophylax   Email chrysophylax         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

julie andrews?

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArCHeR
Member # 6616

*flashes back to the original Bedazzled*

Ooo! Ooo! I have one! Lou Ferrigno!

Posts: 238 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kabederlin
Member # 6304

- posted      Profile for Kabederlin   Email Kabederlin         Edit/Delete Post 
While we're at it we should add Sean Connery in there somewhere...
Posts: 126 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I have one thing to say....

Elijah wood = Bean

Hes already used to playing small characters, and hes got that innnicent look to him.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArCHeR
Member # 6616

You're still joking, right? [Wink]
Kabederlin
Member # 6304

- posted      Profile for Kabederlin   Email Kabederlin         Edit/Delete Post 
We're all hoping so...
Posts: 126 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

david bowie as mazer? eh?
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course I was joking. Elijah Wood? Are you kidding me?
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Johnny Depp as the Voice of Jane?
Kabederlin
Member # 6304

David Bowie... Now thats awesome...
fallow
Member # 6268

forrest whitaker as Graff? *think pauses and facial expressions*

eh?

Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Now where does Tom Cruise end up in this mess of a cast we have put together?
fallow
Member # 6268

grooming the queen bugger (voiced by nicole kidman), obviously.
ArCHeR
Member # 6616

Nonono! He's Human!
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
When I first saw The Good Son, I thought that Elijah Wood and Mcally Culkin would have been excellent as Ender and Peter, respectively. Alas, it is not to be.

The Rock = Petra

Can we please just put Rosie O'donnel to sleep? She is the last person I want to see in this movie.

I need to be cast as the new Hagrid. I'm really buffing up these days.

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Aha! i've got it Tom Cruise=Bonzo

[ June 23, 2004, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

ArCHeR
Member # 6616

I would have thought Culkin and Wood would have made a better Peter-Valentine combo [Wink]

Cruise=Sister Carlotta?

fallow
Member # 6268

eh. I figure Streep's got the Sis bit down. Not too much to work with there.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Cruise= The Giant
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArCHeR
Member # 6616

I think it would seem that his nose would distract Ender from attacking the eye...
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Doesnt he hit Bonzo in the nose? I still think Cruise is Bonzo.
ArCHeR
Member # 6616

No, I don't think he'd be a good bad guy. We'll see how Collateral works out...
B-HAX
Member # 6640

- posted      Profile for B-HAX   Email B-HAX         Edit/Delete Post 
Malcom McDowell for Graff! I always pictured him when reading it.

Haley Joel Osment would have been good 5 years ago, but by the time this thing makes it to shooting he'll be collecting social security. Best to hold off on Ender and pick some no name uber kid. But if it started shooting tommorow, Id go with Rory Culkin which I believe has already been said

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

hmm... I like the way you think!

try this on for size:

Bob Saget = Graff ?

Pepek
Member # 3773

For cripes sake.. Owen Wilson would be Ender of course, and Jackie Chan would play Bean.. and the movie would be turned into a comedy and the age level would be adults, and while 'Owender' makes fun of the little laser guns and the tight spandex, 'Jackie Bean' would be doing all the real work.. using his ninja moves on all those buggers and such.. duh..

~Sir Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArCHeR
Member # 6616

And then a Piggie would be in Ender's trunk when goes to Lusitania! It's perfect!
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Oh, and Keanu Reeves as Alai. I have no reasoning for this.
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking Robert Redford as Mazer. He has that gruffness, and he'd be old enough by the time the movie comes out. Or maybe Harrison Ford...

Ok whats everyone got against Russel Crowe? The guys an AWESOME actor! Ever watched Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind in quick succession? I went through all of a A Beautiful Mind with our realizing it was him!

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and the movie would be turned into a comedy
If your gonna make it a comedy you gotta have WIll Ferrell in there somewhere...Peter?
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

Heh.. Will Ferrel could either be, Wormmy-Wiggle-Butt.. or Valentine..

But Peter.. he'd have to be played by, like.. Antonio Banderez.. or Seth Green.. or.. hmm.. me! of course..

And Mazer would be played by Arnold.. "I blow you up Mr. aliens. I squish your tentacles with my massive mussskles.." -
I am never going to be a casting director..

~Sir Montague

fallow
Member # 6268

John Ritter would have made a good Major Anderson (in company with Saget as Graff)
ArCHeR
Member # 6616

Will Ferrel as a totally made up character that's just around the whole time. That would be awesome.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] at fallow
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

edward james olmos as... the father of the wunderkind trio?

*slaps forehead in wonderment*

ArCHeR
Member # 6616

Don't you mean in wunder?
fallow
Member # 6268

why?

maybe. I'm not sure I follow.

ArCHeR
Member # 6616

It was a joke. Wunderkind.
fallow
Member # 6268

[Wink]

It made me laugh. "blunder" or "dunder" would have made me laugh harder, but... *prolonged sigh* what can you do?

Achilles_de_Flandres
Member # 6672

- posted      Profile for Achilles_de_Flandres   Email Achilles_de_Flandres         Edit/Delete Post 
The Big Stars:

Elijah Woods - Ender
Verne Troyer - Bean
Antonio Banderas - Bonzo
Rowan Atkinson - Rose de Nose
Michael Clark - Graff
Sean Connery - Mazer
Dakota Fanning - Valentine
Haley Joel Osment - Peter
Hugo Weaving - Buggers

In the event of not having enough money for Big Stars, we call these people:

Ender - a Potato
Bean - a String bean
Bonzo - a Carrot
Rose de Nose - a Rose
Graff - a Tub of Butter
Mazer - a Moldy Slice of Bread
Valentine - an Apple
Peter - a Lemon
Buggers - Cheerios

In the event of not having enough money for veggies, fruits, a rose, butter, bread, or cheerios, we call George Bush to play them all.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
thx, Achilles -

I just snorted coffee all over my keyboard

[ROFL]

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.