FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Yea Team! Thank you!

Author Topic: Yea Team! Thank you!
Grandma Edie
Member # 5771

- posted      Profile for Grandma Edie   Email Grandma Edie         Edit/Delete Post 
Today, I autographed my second carton of books especially for Hatrack users, and mailed them back for Card's co-autograph. This happened because you lovely people bought up the first carton. THANKS!

Scott and Kristine, if either of you is eavesdropping, can one of you tell me: How long does an author wait for the first royalty check?
I'm new to this "writing for money" business.

Gandma Edie, author of Orson Scott Card, Writer of the Terrible Choice.

Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, um, as a thank-you, can I persuade you to change your .sig so that I don't feel like I'm being spammed every time I read your posts? [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grandma Edie
Member # 5771

- posted      Profile for Grandma Edie   Email Grandma Edie         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't use the whole thing every time; usually, just when I am talking about the book.

But, I will use it less, now.

Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*pokes Tom*

Be nice to the guest-celebrity-who-I-still-owe-a-book-to-and-I-keep-not-getting-to-the-Post-Office. [Blushing]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grandma Edie
Member # 5771

Thanks Rivka. I wondered if you (or blacwolve)had
forgotten. I hope you both got to read both books, and I hope you both enjoyed the experience.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing] I haven't forgotten, and I don't even have a good excuse. I've just been kinda overwhelmed lately. I will make it to the Post Office this week.

Oh, and I really did enjoy both books. It was great to finally be able to read them. Thanks again! [Smile]

[ February 23, 2004, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
*points at rivka* What she said.

Actually, I came into this thread with the express purpose of apologizing for not returning that yet. [Blushing]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi -- thanks for getting those books signed and sent back so quickly! How long does it take to wait for royalties, depends. If there was an advance paid, no royalities come until the amount of the advance has earned out. After that, most publishers send royalties twice a year. Anything earned like between Jan. and June would be sent in October, something like that. BUT -- there are also lots of contracts that hold a huge amount against returns. So, sometimes it takes up to two years before royalties are released -- just depends on your contract and your publisher. And I know NOTHING about the academic presses.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.