FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Prequels to SftD?? Possible?

Author Topic: Prequels to SftD?? Possible?
BattleSchooler06
Member # 6279

- posted      Profile for BattleSchooler06   Email BattleSchooler06         Edit/Delete Post 
*Possible spoiler*

i was wondering would it be possible to write a prequel to SftD? i mean 3000 years is a long long time....possibly you could have a book where he speaks a death that was mentioned in the other books....and with jane and with valentine before they are married...what their relationship was like...because it said i dunno where but i remember somewhere it said that enders relationship with valentine was closer than Husband and Wife, but in the sequels....you dont see ANY of that because valentine is already married!

possible thought [Smile]

Posts: 35 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been done.

There's a short stry called INVESTMENT COUNSILOR in FIRST MEETINGS. It also shows how Ender first met Jane.

[ March 05, 2004, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BattleSchooler06
Member # 6279

- posted      Profile for BattleSchooler06   Email BattleSchooler06         Edit/Delete Post 
hmmmm ive never heard of it....could i find it in a library with the rest of his books? or since it was a short story was it not publicly published? how short is a "short" story?
Posts: 35 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

It's in the published book FIRST MEETINGS. It's in libraries and book stores all over [Big Grin]
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BattleSchooler06
Member # 6279

ill look for that as well as the Alvin books lol....i wonder if it would be in my library....we have a small library and only 7 bokos are by OSC and there are 3 CotM [Frown] i was disappointed when i saw it but maybe its there [Smile]
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always considered Ender's Game an excellant prequel to Speaker For the Dead.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Or the Shadow Series. [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to First Meetings, you can find it in Far Horizons, edited by Robert SIlverberg. This book is probably easier to find.

[ March 06, 2004, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: lcarus ]

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Detheroc
Member # 6311

- posted      Profile for Lord Detheroc   Email Lord Detheroc         Edit/Delete Post 
Are these prequels written by OSC??
Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course not. They're like the star wars novels. anybody can write them.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

*herds KWSN back to her corner by dangling her "Firefly" DVD set on a wire*

Yes, both the Shadow series AND the Short Stories are written by OSC.

BattleSchooler06
Member # 6279

lol we they wouldnt truly be considered prequels if they werent written by OSC....
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, Dave, you're no fun at all.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.