FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Book Order Confussion-- an ordering nightmare

Author Topic: Book Order Confussion-- an ordering nightmare
AMCSteel
Member # 6321

- posted      Profile for AMCSteel   Email AMCSteel         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a bit baffled. You see I picked up "Seventh Son' the otherday at the book store. Read it in about two days.. loved it, and returned to the bookstore to buy the second book in the series.

However what is the second book. The bookstore only have the new "The Ctystal City" and "Prentice Alvin".

Well Since in the front of the book they are listed like this:

Seventh Son --- Red Prophet
Alvin Journeyman --- Heartfire
Prentice Alvin --- Crystal City

Now since "Prentice alvin' is book three. and 'Crystal City' is book 6. I figured it was safe to asume that 'Alvin Journeyman' was book 2. Well boy was I disappointed when it arived.

Red Prophet is apparently book 2.

Now this looking at the listings above make NO sence. If Red Prophet is book 2 then you would thing that Alvin Journeyman is book 3....

Ohh this is so confusing..

I went ahead and picked up as many of the books that I could so I would have whatever the next one is going to be... but why is it listed in such an annoying ambigious way???

AMCSTEEL

[ March 13, 2004, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: AMCSteel ]

Posts: 37 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Hadn't noticed that, but yeah, it's the same in my copy. Sorry you had that experience. I take it you have it all sorted out by now, so I needn't tell you the correct order. I can tell you, though, that the short stories The Grinning Man and The Yazoo Queen (found in the collections Legends I and II) happen between Heartfire and The Crystal City, just in case you didn't already know.

Welcome to Hatrack!

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed the same thing in the bookstore a couple weeks ago.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'll say the correct order, just in case someone needs it:

Seventh Son
Red Prophet
Prentice Alvin
Alvin Journeyman
Heartfire
Crystal City
Master Alvin (not yet written)

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. Now I know the title of the one that isn't even written.

Why do YOU get all the answers first Geoff?? [Wink]

[edit to add: I realize that everyone else probably already knows this title too and I'm just slow.]

[ March 15, 2004, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia, I don't know if you are being tongue-in-cheek, but in case it really was a question:

He is Geoffrey Card, OSC's son. Nothing like family relations for the inside scoop. [Wink]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
If knowing the order of the Alvin series is an "inside scoop", then boy do I have some juicy ones to tell you!

(psst. Over here. I hear that they are making an Ender's Game movie. Yeah, it should be cool. But you didn't hear it from me, OK?)

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
CT, it was tongue in cheek. [Smile] I guess I'm not good at the sarcasm thing.

[Wink]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMCSteel
Member # 6321

- posted      Profile for AMCSteel   Email AMCSteel         Edit/Delete Post 
Sarcasm is something that is very hard to bring out in text...

Anyway.. thanks all for the clarification....
One has to wonder though, why they chose to print the listings like that.

Posts: 37 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.