FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Help! With Ender's Shadow

Author Topic: Help! With Ender's Shadow
HiddenTalent
Member # 6425

- posted      Profile for HiddenTalent   Email HiddenTalent         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok for a project we have to make a book mobile (The kind you put over cribs ^_^)We have like a hanger and we hang stuff that has elements of the story. The shape we use has to be apporopriate for the story, and cant be to complex as I have to write on them. I have strained my brains trying to think of a shape to use, so please help me!
Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you use different shapes for everything. Like a star for Bean 'cause he's the star of the story and a really twisted shape for Achilles mind?
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AeroB1033
Member # 6375

- posted      Profile for AeroB1033   Email AeroB1033         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep in mind as you do this that Ender's Shadow is a character story, and what it's really about is Bean's struggle to find out who (and what) he is. Which could actually make the story harder to accurately portray in this form, heh.
Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snuffles
Member # 4332

- posted      Profile for Snuffles   Email Snuffles         Edit/Delete Post 
::grumbles about homework::

grrrrr!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
HT,

a shape for a piece or for the whole thing?

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Book mobile . . . RIF - reading is fun(damental)program . . . where I got DragonSong by Anne McCaffery . . .

sorry - a little stream of conscienceness there -

I don't suppose it's possible to do a battleroom scene with the "stars" and soldiers?

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure! Just glue a shoebox together, hang it from a string, and tell your teacher, "It's all inside."

[ April 08, 2004, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: ssywak ]

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering still what exactly you need the shapes for- what part of the mobile? Having never made a book mobile before, I wouldn't know. I saw this thread before, and I'd been waiting for a clarification, but it hasn't come yet so I figured I'd bump. *bump*
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.