FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Peter

Author Topic: Peter
cRaZy ToM
Member # 6474

- posted      Profile for cRaZy ToM           Edit/Delete Post 
series?
discuss

Posts: 35 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think a series based on the life of the Apostle Peter (Cephas) would be fascinating. I mean, he's already done Stone Tables and the Women of Genesis series, and those were simply wonderful. So I think a New Testament era bio-novel would be wonderful. In fact, he could do a whole 'Apostles of the Christ' series. Peter would be the first one, Saul/Paul would be the next, and the third could be John the Beloved. Sure, the John and Peter stories would overlap a little, but so did Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow.

...oh wait, did you mean a different Peter?

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
cRaZy ToM, I hate to tell you this, but this is a very pointless topic. There are many threads here discussing different concepts involving Peter's life, and you might want to look over those if you wish to join in on some discussion of the great Hegemon.

So, no offense, but please consider the value of a topic before making one.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
cRaZy ToM, I hate to tell you this, but this is a very pointless topic. There are many threads here discussing different concepts involving Peter's life, and you might want to look over those if you wish to join in on some discussion of the great Hegemon.

So, no offense, but please consider the value of a topic before making one.

Do you really hate to tell him that his topic is pointless? I doubt it. What was gained by that inappropriate rebuke?
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do you really hate to tell him that his topic is pointless? I doubt it. What was gained by that inappropriate rebuke?
I don't believe pointing out somebody's mistakes to them and letting them learn from them is a bad thing.
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kabederlin
Member # 6304

- posted      Profile for Kabederlin   Email Kabederlin         Edit/Delete Post 
He said it nicely and he holds a point. I don't see anything wrong with it. Probably best that he says it now since very few might actually reply to this topic. Crazy Tom you might find better Ender and Peter discussions at the philoticweb.net forums. Here we're more about ALL of Card's writings, and it's hard to center around just one of his series.
Posts: 126 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.