FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Well, I finally bit the bullet

Author Topic: Well, I finally bit the bullet
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I did it. I really really did it. After avoiding it, spending my money on other things, and just plain procrastinating, I finally bought myself a copy of Ender's Game.

I have no idea why it took me this long. Ender's Game is among my favorite books and yet I've been rather hesitant to buy it. This has even led me hatching an elaborate plan in which I check out a library copy, hold onto it for weeks, and finally just pay up for the book--thereby never actually buying it.

But now I had an order to place on Amazon, and to get free shipping I tacked on Ender's Game. I finally have it.

Wheee! [Party]

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. Sometimes, I'll purposely avoid buying things that I really love. When I do buy them, I'll never read them because they'll always be there tomorrow. But when I just borrow books from the library or rent movies from Blockbuster, the time I have with them is precious, so I have to read or watch them. Over and over again. [Smile]
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] IT TOOK YOU THIs LONG TO BUY THE BOOK! *feint*
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't even begin to COUNT how many copies I've bought of just about ALL the OSC books. I always make friends take them to read, (especially Ender's Game) and I never get them back, so I have to go back to Half Price Books and get *another* copy. The people that work there must think I'm crazy...
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*feint*
*Ducks under your feint and ripostes!*
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

[Roll Eyes] I meant the feint where I fall over into a coma.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldenstar
Member # 6990

- posted      Profile for Goldenstar           Edit/Delete Post 
wow the only ones i have are Enders Game and Speaker...considering adding the rest of the series to my collection
Posts: 67 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
ohhhh - you mean FAINT with an "a" . . .

spelling - it's so tricky, at times . . .

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

yeah, never had to spell that word before,
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
ah well- this is why it is important to learn to spell BEFORE you learn to use spell checker . . . [Wink]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.