FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Hi again

Author Topic: Hi again
Jestak
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for Jestak   Email Jestak         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been away from this site for quite some time. I've been expanding my reading interests, but couldn't quite forget my favorite. I don't know why, but for many years I decided not to read the Alvin series because it wasn't finished. I like to read a series, start to finish. Wheel of Time series by Jordan is my primary reason for this. Nevertheless, I broke down and read them, and just like I thought, I can't wait for the next one. I've done some searching, but can't seem to find when the next one is incoming. I decided to come to the forum and look around and the first post I opened was that one by Bryan(?). Is that what this site has turned into? I know everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but don't you think you let that guy off a bit easy? I'm not so mean spirited as to give him a lashing that he deserves, but I would enjoy reading someone else do it. Someone replied something to the effect that hasn't everyone, at one time, wanted to talk to the author after reading a book that reached them?? Of course, but we have better judgment then to actually do it. And then to assume to know what is going though OSC's mind...and then to criticize him?... Oh well, I just came to ask a simple question, and I'll be off again. Thank you for your answers.
Posts: 36 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Answer: most of us ignore this side of the forum, since it tends to attract young, silly people. Ergo, we didn't care enough about his post to spend much energy on it.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
I would disagree with Tom about the ignoring this side of the board. If you want to talk about OSC you come to this side of the board. If you want to talk about anything else under the sun go to the other side of the board. Personally I like this side better since this is the side that talks about OSC and since that’s why I come here it only makes sense to me.
I do agree with you about the OSC slamming. I did notice that one of the people giving “advice” to Scott was a teenager. Not to slam all teenagers, but I can still remember when I used to think I knew it all too. Guess its part of growing up.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"I would disagree with Tom about the ignoring this side of the board."

Well, you would, wouldn't you. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF2506
Member # 6847

- posted      Profile for DF2506   Email DF2506         Edit/Delete Post 
attract young, silly people<

nothing wrong with young, silly people imo. I like young, silly people. I also like old silly people.

Now there is something wrong with STUPID people though. Big difference there.

IMO, there are not that many young, silly people here nor are there many stupid people here. Once and awhile, there is a post thats stupid, but for the most part there's some really good threads here.

I enjoy this section of the board alot. I check the other section some, but hey, I'm here to talk about OSC. So I come into this forum the most!

DF2506

Posts: 128 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jestak
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for Jestak   Email Jestak         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess my initial question went unanswered because of my babbling about some other post, but I would like it answered. When (or is) another Maker series book expected? Of course I know what I would like to see happen in the series, and how it should end, but I can't finish what someone else started (or imagined in the first place), without thinking "is that really what happened?"
Posts: 36 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.