FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Does this make any sense or am I losing my mind faster than I thought?

Author Topic: Does this make any sense or am I losing my mind faster than I thought?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
um..............you know what my idea is on how the series of Ender and Bean should/might be connected:

Ok, it is about Bean's descendants. Ok so in Shadow Puppets Petra says she wants a planet composed entirely of Bean's children, right? Ok so the descalodores from the Ender series are Bean's children with Anton's Key turned, but by eliminating the need for the English language they were able to make the brain grow slower hence slowing down the death at age 20 process. Ok so Ender/Peter will go there with other members of the populace of Lusitania and they will discover that the descaloda is the newest way that Bean's children cure Anton's Key without curing it...and so they have unleashed on different planets to test it, and are about to launch it upon Earth because they think that everyone has Anton's Key turned and they have to stop them...............so the whole thing is resovled by Jane/Valentine who finds a way to communicate with them through a basically lifeless shell(Bean) who they made immortal but continues growing....he has a physic link that Bean's children created and Valentine/Jane hacks into Bean and orders them to stop....Ender/Peter takes pity and Ender/Peter and Valentine/Jane shut Bean down..........this also stops all communication with the descalodores who in turn.........die..........or do they?

[ January 07, 2005, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

- posted      Profile for Youth ap Orem   Email Youth ap Orem         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's wild! Personally, I don't think that's how it's gonna play out. I wouldn't mind reading that though, just for pure entertainment.
Posts: 290 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soara
Member # 6729

- posted      Profile for Soara   Email Soara         Edit/Delete Post 
and then they use the techonolgy from Pastwatch and go back in time and meet Alvin and have a dance party.
Posts: 464 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beans_Shadow
Member # 7229

- posted      Profile for Beans_Shadow   Email Beans_Shadow         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you have some absolutly fabtastic ideas, but i think the immortal petra is a little farfetched and it could do without.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Do you realize where that idea comes from? "The Best of Both Worlds" from Star Trek: The Next Generation where the Borg assimilate Picard. Course its not exaclty the same but its similar. Now, it could be possible that the descladores are Beans children but I doubt it. Though if we were to assume its true for the sake of the arguement it would be possible. Its been a common theme of alien races or similar beings of great intellect to assume whats right and/or best for Humanity remember the Gaians from Foundation's Edge by Isaac Asimov? And then Foundation and Earth afterwards? Interesting but somehow I doubt that is will actually be used.

Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.