FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Movie

Author Topic: New Movie
Saint_11
Member # 7232

- posted      Profile for Saint_11   Email Saint_11         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all, have any of you heard that they are creating an "Enders Game" movie! The screen play is being wriin by Mr. card so it should be good. It is not coming out for i while and i dont think that the film has started but it looks good. Send a reply if you have any more information. now im off to bed because it is late! [Hail] [Sleep]
Posts: 12 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I remember reading about it somewhere...I heard Haley Joel Osment was gonna play Graff.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Naughty muppet. Card already wrote a preliminary screen play, and it is currently in the hands of the dudes who wrote Xmen2.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
We've discussed this movie for over 4 years now, so forgive us if we don't want to talk about it any more. [Smile] If you do a search for "enders game movie" or check out the fresco pictures website, you'll learn a lot about it.

Welcome to Hatrack Saint! I hope you hang out some more.

[ January 08, 2005, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quimby2999
Member # 7044

- posted      Profile for Quimby2999   Email Quimby2999         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, has anyone heard about this parrallel novel to Ender's Game that may be coming out!? I think it'll be about Bean and maybe some of the other Battle School children. Can't wait till' that one hits the shelves! [Evil]
Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, you're totally out of it.

This isn't just a parallel novel to Ender's Game. It's part of an entire parallel series, whose opening novel came out "way back" in 1999.

Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets

And now - Shadow of the Giant.

Personally, I liked the Shadow series more than the sequels of Ender's Game.

-Beanny

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i dont think that the film has started but it looks good
[Confused]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

- posted      Profile for TheDisgruntledPostman   Email TheDisgruntledPostman         Edit/Delete Post 
Movie Here, take this lazy link and take a look for yourself.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dude, you're totally out of it.

This isn't just a parallel novel to Ender's Game. It's part of an entire parallel series, whose opening novel came out "way back" in 1999.

Um, I think he knows that and was just joking. [Wink]
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope so.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if so, then I'm "out of it" dude...

We'll just have to wait for Quimby to comment.

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quimby2999
Member # 7044

- posted      Profile for Quimby2999   Email Quimby2999         Edit/Delete Post 
Beanny, did you just take my sarcasm seriously? Actually, I was talking about Ender's Shadow, but maybe I was being a little vauge . . .
Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Ender's Shadow was originally made as a stand-alone parallel to Ender's Game, but everyone loved it so much that OSC made the rest of the "Shadow" series.
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
"... everyone loved it so much ..." = "... Tor made so much money on it ..." [Smile]
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
ohmygosh are you guys serious theres a moovie?!!!???!!!

i am so totally pumped ive been waiting for a moovie i never read so ive heard it was a great book im glad ill get to see it FINALLY!!!!!

[Evil]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
[No No]
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
What? *looks innocent*

*whistles*

[Evil]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Its not nice to make sarcastic remarks and make fun of people. Sheesh. [No No]

[Big Grin] Just kidding Sarcasm and Irony are the two best types of humor [ROFL] and by the way did any one hear about this really great author name Orson Scott Card I heard he writes some really great stuff.
-Just wondering [Evil]

Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
Graff = Patrick Stewart
Mazer = Sean Connery (though he may need a little more of an aussie accent)

Anderson = Johnathon Frakes
Chamrajnager = some Indian guy I don't know any indian actors though Morgan Freeman might look the role well though he'ld still need the accent....

Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quimby2999
Member # 7044

You can tell when a topic's going to Hell. I'd say right about . . . . . now. No, wait that was too soon. I meeeaaaan . . . now!
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? I thought it was months and months ago...
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.