FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » intro and a question

Author Topic: intro and a question
iago_morgan
Member # 7508

- posted      Profile for iago_morgan   Email iago_morgan         Edit/Delete Post 
hi everybody

i just wanted to introduce my self, so i guess i have accomplished that.

also, i have a question,

i was searching for a copy of War of the Worlds on amazon, and found a few selections in which Mr. Card had written an introduction, on of the vendors claimed that their copy of the book (with the intro) was printed in 1965. well, Mr. Card would have been about 14 at the time, so i am trying to find out when he did write the intro. can anyone help?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
War of the Worlds is in the public domain. Anybody can do an edition. Wells wrote it many years before I was born. My introduction was to a particular publisher's edition of the book; you can find many other editions that I did not write an intro to.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iago_morgan
Member # 7508

- posted      Profile for iago_morgan   Email iago_morgan         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW

Osron Scott Card replied to my post, and i find that sooo awesome. i havent felt like such a newbie in years.

what i am trying to find out is, in what year did Mr. Card's introduction first appear along with the book?

any info is greatly appreciated

keith

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
Talk about “War of the World”, have you heard of Jeff Wayne’s “War of the World”? We listened to it on Halloween night.
Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark
Member # 6393

- posted      Profile for Mark   Email Mark         Edit/Delete Post 
If memory serves me correctly, it was either 2004 or 2003. Pretty recently anyway. I remember reading about it on this site.
Posts: 94 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.