FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Where should OSC visit? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where should OSC visit?
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When we drove past Greensboro on I-95 . . .
Neat trick.

Can you tell I wasn't navigating? [Smile]
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
St. Louis, Missouri. That is all. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
If this tour doesn't happen to take you through Florida, I won't worry about it; sooner or later everyone ends up visiting here, and I expect I'll get the chance to see you again. But just in case you do end up in Central Florida, I figured you might want to know: we have a churrascaria. [Wink] Additionally, Central Florida is home to many other world class restaurants, and a host of points of interest beside the theme parks. If you do come here and want tips on what to see and do, or where to eat, or how to get around without sitting in traffic, just let me know. [Smile]

(Also where to stay, unless your publisher simply books you into places.)

[ March 13, 2005, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew. I didn't know SLC was a possibility.
Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swede
Member # 7560

- posted      Profile for Swede   Email Swede         Edit/Delete Post 
I donĀ“t think he has ever visited Sweden, right?
Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
augirl987
Member # 7577

- posted      Profile for augirl987   Email augirl987         Edit/Delete Post 
a college tour would be a good idea!! Come down to Auburn [Cool] "we play football good down in these here parts" haha j/k
Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
starlooker, where did you grow up? I grew up in Midland.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Icky did such a good job talking up Central Florida that I'm worried OSC might go there instead of coming somewhere closer to my home.

*goes one better*

Come to southern Indiana! Unlike the rest of the state, we have hills, and even caves. The town I live in doesn't have a book shop or even a library, but there is a tiny diner that you may use for a book signing - it's either that or the Dollar General. Of course, there aren't any hotels or bed and breakfasts in my town, but there is a park with a small camping area. Hope you're okay with port-o-potties. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in my town who actually reads science fiction, but that's okay. People are nosy here; they'll come just to see what the guy from "away" looks like. We don't have world class restaurants (just the diner, sorry) or theme parks, but that doesn't mean there isn't anything to do! My particular favorite is to drive around counting the old junk cars behind people's barns; it's a law that if you live in the country you must have at least four. As a special favor, I'll even take you by the guy's yard that is so full of assorted crap like old washing machines that you can't see the grass!

Who am I kidding. Go to Florida. [Grumble]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.