FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Please be nice to the newbie and answer my question(possible spoiler) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Please be nice to the newbie and answer my question(possible spoiler)
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What does the cover of Ender's Game have to do with the story? Or Speaker, or Xenocide, or Children of the Mind?
Um... Space ships!

Yeah, that will distinguish it from the rest of the genre. [Wink]

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiantBeanGirl
Member # 7608

- posted      Profile for GiantBeanGirl   Email GiantBeanGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
wow i'm so glad OSC answered!Thanks so much! well, now that that question is answered, do i shut this topic down, or do we think up other amazing questions to debate? if anyone has any ideas, post them please.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
As a rule we do not shut down threads. What if someone has the same question later? This thread will be a handy guide later on.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, never judge a book by its cover.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiantBeanGirl
Member # 7608

- posted      Profile for GiantBeanGirl   Email GiantBeanGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
oh i see, thanks wowbagger
what did u mean about not judging a book by its cover? i know what that means, but what did u mean by it?

Posts: 17 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The cover is not an illustration of the book. The cover is the billboard used to sell the book. While the artist was assigned a concept that was derived from the book, the primary concern was to have "a male and female in a high-tech setting with the words 'Orson Scott Card' and 'Shadow of the Giant' really big all around them."
I think I would feel really weird if putting my name in big letters on a cover would boost sales of a book. o_O

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmine
Member # 7370

- posted      Profile for Jasmine   Email Jasmine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think I would feel really weird if putting my name in big letters on a cover would boost sales of a book. o_O
But it pops up! and it's shiny!

[ March 31, 2005, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Jasmine ]

Posts: 146 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Agnes Bean
Member # 7614

- posted      Profile for Agnes Bean   Email Agnes Bean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But it pops up! and it's shiny!
Yeah. In fact, the fact that it's OSC's name really has nothing to do with the sales. It's all about the shiny [Wink]

Nice to know the cover wasn't meant to mean anything. If you don't worry about that, it's quite a nice looking cover.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiantBeanGirl
Member # 7608

yes, thats a weight off my mind, but there are still other questions, like who the third kid's name is that bean has with him in space. Bella, Ender, ???.
oh ya, in case why you are wondering why i have posted this about two weeks later, i was on vacation in florida [Big Grin]

Jasmine
Member # 7370

- posted      Profile for Jasmine   Email Jasmine         Edit/Delete Post 
GRR... up in Boston where the weather changes from warm to bloody freezing! We kinda thought of some stuff in another thread

here

Posts: 146 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.