FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » A Story : SOTG

Author Topic: A Story : SOTG
Malachin1
Member # 7654

- posted      Profile for Malachin1   Email Malachin1         Edit/Delete Post 
I should be writing an essay at the moment about the play The Doll House, by Ibsen (due tom). As it is I just finished reading SOTG. Here's my thoughts.

I finished reading a series of books today. They are written by Orson Scott Card. The final book in the series is called "Shadow of the Giant." It is probably the best book/series I've ever read. And may ever read. I've seen movies, tv shows, histories, tragedies, real life events that have had a real emotional impact on me as a person. I've cried for real events and fictional events. I've read some of the best stories ever written: Classics, Fiction, Non-Fiction. I've never come across a book with as much emotion and devotion as this one. I've experienced for the first time what it is to want to cry for an idea which is in no way real but written so vividly and emotionally that you can't help but feel for the characters in the story. I want to express how I feel about this series of books but the best I can ever come up with is to thank Mr. Card for inventing a universe and characters that seem to leap out of another realm and into reality. I've never read a book that touched me emotionally. I am amazed and honored to have been able to read this story and whats more, feel real emotion about it. Bean's sacrifice is one of the most moving events I've ever read about and it isn't even real. Petra's happiness for having her babies and Peter's humanism finally making him understandable were both amazingly written. It seems as though they're real people. I know Mr. Card will probably never see my praise or much care about it, but I feel moved enough to make it a public statement. Thank you Mr. Card for providing one of the most interesting and profound stories I've ever gotten to read. I've also read your Seventh Son series. In fact I read it first, as a young teenager. And it is a great story. But the Ender and Bean saga's are the best stories I've ever seen.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meshugener
Member # 7601

- posted      Profile for Meshugener   Email Meshugener         Edit/Delete Post 
um....

ditto

Posts: 93 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

- posted      Profile for Suri-cool   Email Suri-cool         Edit/Delete Post 
Never heard truer words except for I did actully cry.Shhhh

[ March 27, 2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Suri-cool ]

Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I cried too...shhh [Wink]
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malachin1
Member # 7654

I'm glad I'm not the only one. [Smile]
Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW Welcome to the forum Malachin1.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malachin1
Member # 7654

[Big Grin] BTW, my s/n is derived from Dickson's "The Final Encyclopedia." Malachi Nanzuno. I've used it for years but never had a crowd who would appreciate a vague literary reference.
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Malachin1, my friend, you have given my books the reading that every writer hopes every reader will give: you opened your heart to the story, and I'm glad you're happy with the result.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.