FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » what happenes to the jeesh

Author Topic: what happenes to the jeesh
Geekazoid
Member # 7610

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid   Email Geekazoid         Edit/Delete Post 
when the jeesh is all sent to coloneys afterwards their is no other mention of them

any suggestions?

My suggestion:

Once the "hive queen" came out the groups were still on their trips but at the end so when they got their they got it and immediatly people would start to hate the jeesh as because of the book so their were probably revolts and the jeesh members were soon killed or after they were dead erased from history of planet.

Any others?

thank you

Posts: 42 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

- posted      Profile for Suri-cool   Email Suri-cool         Edit/Delete Post 
I do... It said about Ender's colony in end of EG that they really really did't care about earth happenings. So thats what I think like in that paragraph that they didn't care Peter was hegmanan and stuff. and they also got a ohme because of it and probbely looked and undertsood the jeesh members brilliance. So proobely didn't care.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
lol.

I think that's a bit extreme, Geekazoid. Remember, the people of the colonies would have missed decades as they traveled to the new worlds right along side the Jeesh members. For them, the terror of the bugger wars and the fear of alien invasion would have been just a few years ago, and the jeesh members would still be heroes. Also, the people would get to know them as civilian leaders, and I assume that they were all pretty good ones. So I'm sure the trust and respect which they would earn would mean a lot more that whatever opinions people might have had after reading the Hive Queen.

Remember that no one revolted on Ender's colony or tried to kill him after it was published. Also remember that Petra was living on Earth when the Hive Queen was published, and it doesn't seem like she was harassed or hated. I don't think that Ender (or his Jeesh) became hated until at least a generation or two later, when there wouldn't be anyone alive who actually lived when the Buggers were considered a terrifying alien threat rather than misunderstood victims. People may have learned to forgive the Buggers, but I don't think that very many people would have actually gone so far as to hate Ender and the others while the Bugger Wars were still relatively fresh in their memories. It wouldn't happen until generations of people grew up only knowing the Buggers as the victims.

[ March 29, 2005, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: neo-dragon ]

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swede
Member # 7560

- posted      Profile for Swede   Email Swede         Edit/Delete Post 
Geekazoid, that was a very long sentence.
Anyway, I agree with neo-dragon. I don't think the jeesh would be harassed and hated until the almost-destruction of humanity and the hate/fear of buggers were, more or less,forgotten.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
There was a long time-lag between publication of The Hive Queen and Ender's being branded as the Xenocide. Many of Ender's jeesh would have been either old or dead by the time that became the prevalent opinion.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.