FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Advent Rising Question

Author Topic: Advent Rising Question
Nomolos
Member # 7703

- posted      Profile for Nomolos   Email Nomolos         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Scott, I was wondering if you could tell us a little information about Advent Rising (or advent shadow on the PSP). What has it been like working with Majesco? Also, I was wondering if you could tell us if you are actively involved with the project or if you just wrote the script and left the rest up to them.

Are you going to be at E3 this year to present it?

Thanks

[ April 04, 2005, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Nomolos ]

Posts: 27 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark
Member # 6393

- posted      Profile for Mark   Email Mark         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm REALLY looking forward to this game, and I think its really cool that you are extending your talents to other means of communication.

Also, a release date would be cool. [Smile] The offical site simply says 2005.

Posts: 94 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verai
Member # 7507

- posted      Profile for Verai   Email Verai         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, had no idea this existed. I am reading over the FAQ and am getting pretty interested.

Politics! Intrigue! ... Powers, guns and aliens!

After reading "Characters and Perspective" I know that at least I'll care about the characters in the game! [Big Grin]

[ April 04, 2005, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Verai ]

Posts: 169 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Majesco is just the publisher. If you want to give credit to someone for the awesomeness of this game, give it to GlyphX, the developer.
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
GlyphX, yes, and more specifically, Donald Mustard, the genius behind the story.

It's Mustard's story (no "Clue" jokes, please) (oh, all right, if you must), my dialogue during the early phases of the game. It's a great story, and the gameplay is fantastic. I hope my dialogue is also entertaining.

Release date? Like anybody would tell ME.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Chris
Member # 7779

- posted      Profile for The Chris   Email The Chris         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been waiting for Advent Rising to come out since I saw it in EGM in October 2004. I am very excited about it. I'm gonna get it the second it comes out.

And, about the release date...I'm pretty sure they said it was in May '05.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verai
Member # 7507

- posted      Profile for Verai   Email Verai         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as the dialogue is better than "Deus Ex." It sounds like they had about 9 voice actors for 100 different characters. Often a reply to a statement made no sense, as if the actor ignored what was said.

Though I still love the game [Cool]

Posts: 169 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Chris
Member # 7779

- posted      Profile for The Chris   Email The Chris         Edit/Delete Post 
The voice-overs will be much better, since this game is all about the characters and the story.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.K. Slyder
Member # 7416

- posted      Profile for K.K. Slyder   Email K.K. Slyder         Edit/Delete Post 
The official date on Advent Rising website is May 3rd I do believe. Although I have a question for OSC, somewhere I read said that you helped coach the actors through the dialogue you wrote for them (I think it was on the Advent Rising website) if that's true- then what was it like working with Will Friedle? (sp?)
Posts: 30 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
subordinater
Member # 7788

- posted      Profile for subordinater   Email subordinater         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see... Wal-Mart says June 1st, but both EBGames and GameStop claim May 31st. I'd expect May 31st for the X-Box, with a slightly later date for the PC.

Mr. Card, I know that many people have assumed that you were the creator of the story, yet you stated that Mr. Mustard was the originator. Could we possibly have the confusion cleared up about how much you were involved?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yen
Member # 7048

- posted      Profile for Yen   Email Yen         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.adventtrilogy.com/

They have a video of OSC [Smile]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Member # 7790

- posted      Profile for Ron   Email Ron         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait for this game to come out. I'm probably going to buy it just because OSC's name is on it. This might be one of the few games to tear me away from Halo 2's online multiplayer.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have an X-box. [Cry] [Cry] I have a freakin Gamecube! [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash]
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.K. Slyder
Member # 7416

- posted      Profile for K.K. Slyder   Email K.K. Slyder         Edit/Delete Post 
You have a PC don't you?
Posts: 30 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aragorn64
Member # 4204

- posted      Profile for aragorn64   Email aragorn64         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure he does. But I don't. I have a Mac.

But hey, don't hit your head about owing a GameCube! K.K. Slyder should agree with me on this...well, at least KK Slider would. [Wink]

Anyway, shouldn't AR come out some time after E3? I read somewhere that they are going to be announcing all that during E3, which is during the middle of May.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
May 31 is the launch date. . .

Advent Trilogy Webpage

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.