FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Barnes&Noble University ...on Giant

Author Topic: Barnes&Noble University ...on Giant
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
To whom it may concern: The Barnes & Noble discussion on Shadow of the Giant is under way. I've given them links to Hatrack ... we'll see if any come.

And if you want to look in, I THINK you can still join. Go to http://www.bn.com and in the upper-right area of the screen, click on the tab labeled "B&N University". I'd be more specific, but for some reason B&N is refusing my connection at the moment so I can't check it. Which isn't helpful, considering I'm supposed to be reponding to posts there.

[ April 06, 2005, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Orson Scott Card ]

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verai
Member # 7507

- posted      Profile for Verai   Email Verai         Edit/Delete Post 
You stuck your comma at the end of the link ^^

When I clickied it put it on the end, not sure if that's what kept you from getting there.

http://www.bn.com

[ April 06, 2005, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Verai ]

Posts: 169 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if more people than just you are having that problem. The board over there has been relatively quiet today. I've also linked this forum a couple of times from there (even though it meant I had to re-register - stupid hard-to-remember username)
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just posting over there. BNU
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
What's your name over there?
Mine is JT. Tricky, huh?

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I've visited the site before, but not the forums. Sneaky link, Mr. Card. Like I need another message board to get addicted to. My name's the same in the BNU discussion.

quote:
...but for some reason B&N is refusing my connection at the moment so I can't check it. Which isn't helpful, considering I'm supposed to be reponding to posts there.
Gah! Curse computer problems [Grumble]
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

I'm so dim it didn't occur to me that of course people here already KNEW and if they were interested they were already THERE.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gosu
Member # 5783

- posted      Profile for Gosu   Email Gosu         Edit/Delete Post 
At first I was mad that I was too late, but then I realized I haven't read the book yet.

I'm going to go watch starship troopers now.

Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verai
Member # 7507

- posted      Profile for Verai   Email Verai         Edit/Delete Post 
No offense to the kind Barnes and Noble folks, but the board layout for that classroom is horrible. If the same subjects were posted in a different board segment on Hatrack I wouldn't have a reason to go to their classroom.

That said, It's better than not having the discussions, so I'm glad it's there.

Posts: 169 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you posted it, OSC. I'd forgotten about it and didn't have time to sign up when I first heard. Your post reminded me. I'm signed up now.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luthien Two Hands
Member # 7755

- posted      Profile for Luthien Two Hands           Edit/Delete Post 
when my nickname gets booted three times in a row, I decide the fates are against participation in such a wonderful enterprise.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sartorius
Member # 7696

- posted      Profile for Sartorius   Email Sartorius         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but the board layout for that classroom is horrible.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. It confuses my terribly.
Posts: 152 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

And it's a dreadful thing when one's terribly is confused.

At least their messages ARE editable after all. I've gone back and changed all my titles (or most of them, I guess) away from the endles RE: RE: RE: RE: chains to something pertinent to what is actually inside my message.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.