FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » my made up story for shadow's in flight (spoilers)

Author Topic: my made up story for shadow's in flight (spoilers)
timothytheenchanter
Member # 7041

- posted      Profile for timothytheenchanter   Email timothytheenchanter         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm not sure if anyone else does this, or if it would be considered a fanfic, now that i think about it it would undoubtedly be a fanfic, i just finished the ender's quartet the original 4. so i started thinking about the situation the world is currently in after miro, val, peter, and wang mu got married.

faster than light travel,

pequininos and formics are no longer single planet creatures any more.

virtually impossible to exterminate a species without jane's permission.(jane wouldn't give this permission, so impossible to wage a real war, faster than light travel is just too much of an advantage)

a means exists to change someone's genetic problems while they are an adult.

if you think that to travel 30 light years ender aged 3 weeks, these numbers are all quite rough. to travel the 3000 light years that were passed for the delphikis they would have aged 300 weeks, my numbers could be off by a good amount, they probably aged more. in 3000 years humans managed to get ships to go closer and closer to the speed of light, as you go closer to that speed time for you would seem to go by slower. if someone were to point out that it took a year for ender to travel to his first planet it should also be pointed out that the delphikis were taking a much faster ship.

i predict that the delphikis could be as young as 6, bean unless he took volescu's advice about weightlessness is probably dead. it's sad because he was one of my favorite characters.

anyway jane would probably find the delphikis, due simply to them having an ansible link in their ship. jane could probably find that they had the horrific genetic condition they had and fix it.

as far as geniuses go, these kids would not have gone through the nutritional deficit's bean went through, they would be to bean what a well fed educated child is to a homeless child. a question would be would they get along. i didn't get along with my brother when we had long car rides together, i couldn't imagine living in a car with my brother.

is Beans condition negative? as a youth i'd say no. for bean growing up he never seemed to have any complaints about getting bigger. it's being an adult and getting bigger that bean didn't like. i beleive that anton's key so long as it were reversible could be a great boon. just at the age where you get taller than normal the key should be reversed, possible wconsidering what was done with path. the genetic mutation was changed midway through life for many people.

if Bean is still alive however. he views the genetic changes on him to be a horrible thing. he'd probably take the opposite view and if his children could be cured. give them the cure.

these geniuses who have a few more years of being geniuses would probably be intrigued by the descoladores, and come up with a communication system to use.

these are just my thoughts i come up with in the wee hours of the night when i finish a book.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.