FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ender, Visualized

Author Topic: Ender, Visualized
SpEeDMaSTeR
Member # 7568

- posted      Profile for SpEeDMaSTeR   Email SpEeDMaSTeR         Edit/Delete Post 
After reading through many of the topics, and seeing that many people percieve Ender in a certain specific way, I thought of something. I took how I see Ender, and then compared it to the way that I look/looked at that age. The results were obvious immediately. I could not picture Ender looking anything other than the way that I myself look. The male or female discrepancy may be a problem with the women readers out there, but regardless you may see him as you see yourself to some degree. Note that I am talking about purely physical visualizations here.
Posts: 62 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bretagne
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Bretagne   Email Bretagne         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I saw him looking a lot like my younger brother... except without glasses.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verai
Member # 7507

- posted      Profile for Verai   Email Verai         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you philotically connect to yourself? :x
Posts: 169 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpEeDMaSTeR
Member # 7568

- posted      Profile for SpEeDMaSTeR   Email SpEeDMaSTeR         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean to say that you can't? Why bother living if you have never connected philotically to yourself. That's a complete travesty.
Posts: 62 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I pictured Ender as quite different from how I looked when I was his age. The only thing that was semi-similar was blond hair and blue eyes. (John Paul's side is Norwegian.) But my hair was in a different cut than his, I wore glasses, I was a bit chubbyish then, not so anymore, but alas. ^_^
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I could not picture Ender looking anything other than the way that I myself look. The male or female discrepancy may be a problem with the women readers out there, but regardless you may see him as you see yourself to some degree. Note that I am talking about purely physical visualizations here.
I don't have a clear mental image (my visuals of book characters are usually fuzzy) but in my mind Ender would seem to be a bit like my brother. It's totally unrealistic, though, because my Ender-fanatic mind immediately contradicts that picture because my brother has visible imperfections, and I have difficulty seeing Ender with any of those...
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpEeDMaSTeR
Member # 7568

That's interesting. Ender with a big zit on his forehead. =รพ

Oh yeah, he doesn't hit puberty until after he saves the world.

HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
My visuals of book characters are often fuzzy too. Sometimes I will picture someone I actually know, or maybe a celebrity who I think fits the part, but mostly they're just kind of faceless.
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.K. Slyder
Member # 7416

- posted      Profile for K.K. Slyder   Email K.K. Slyder         Edit/Delete Post 
John Paul was Polish, not Norwegian.
Posts: 30 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.