FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC's Dislike of Star Wars (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OSC's Dislike of Star Wars
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
About the thread title: I thought that OSC actually liked Star Wars. Or, the original ones:

quote:
45. Star Wars

Once upon a time, George Lucas made all our childhood dreams of space come true. The writing was funny, the actors had fun, and we loved it, even though we knew spaceships don't whooosh through space and if you close your eyes during a swordfight, you lose. I, for one, still love it, even though the holes in the story are obvious now, and I've seen better performances from everybody in this film. This was George Lucas's last good movie. (OK, I'll be optimistic and say "so far.") But it created the modern non-monster genre of science fiction in a way 2001 couldn't. Everybody else stands on Lucas's shoulders, because of this film.

From here. I think it's the newer movies that most people have a problem with.
Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.