FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Peter

Author Topic: Peter
Billy
Member # 7809

- posted      Profile for Billy   Email Billy         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone think/know if mr.card is going to write a book about peter and his life as hegemon?
Posts: 14 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr_Megalomaniac
Member # 7695

- posted      Profile for Mr_Megalomaniac   Email Mr_Megalomaniac         Edit/Delete Post 
He could, but the Shadow books do that pretty well.
Posts: 142 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
Diplomacy with the occasional military struggle? Sounds anti-climatic to me, considering where the last book ended. But I'm sure it could be made more interesting with the capers of Bean's "normal" kids.

[ April 22, 2005, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Kent ]

Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
If anything I think after he ties the two series together at the end, he should go forward with the saga. Every good story has at least some unanswered questions. They keep your imagination running.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that Peter's story officially ended in SotG.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheClone
Member # 6141

- posted      Profile for TheClone   Email TheClone         Edit/Delete Post 
It seemed like Peter's story was fairly well wrapped up in SotG to me, too.

If OSC decides to write any more Enderverse books, I'd like to see something about Mazer Rackham or Graff. The Second War... the IF...

But that's just me.

Posts: 87 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
olhando
Member # 7866

- posted      Profile for olhando   Email olhando         Edit/Delete Post 
the IF would be a good book, maybe Graff had to do with the beggining of the IF. sounds good. but yea peter had quite a life, so says the luistanians and ender when they are talking about it thousands of years later. i mean there must be much more about him after shadow of the giant. personaly i love peter. he is quite a character. probly my favorite, just because he is so harshly true. i try to be like that to people around me but obviously they think it sucks. note to peter fans, dont be as harsh as him or people will hate you and you will get beat up. but i still love him to death. i cant stand the skinning squirels thing, personaly i would rather kill a person than an animal(im a psycho i swear). but (SEMI SPOILER) as much of a bad taste it may have seemed like when you got the 1/3 ender-peter back, it felt like a breath of fresh air to me because he just came to luistania and started taking names like crazy. making people hate him making aliances right away and even though it wasnt the grown up peter from the shadow side it was still the one and the same to me.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
The book I have decided i would most like OSC to write about the endercerse would be the Five days of the league war. It could be a short book, and the people don't have to be big and influential, i just think it would be cool to know what was going on somewhere other than eros.
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Shadow of the Giant IS the book about Peter as Hegemon <grin>. That's all you're gonna get ...
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Member # 7809

- posted      Profile for Billy   Email Billy         Edit/Delete Post 
See, i havnt read any of the shadow books yet. But I will get around to them.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.