FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Chat

Author Topic: Chat
ether_ore
Member # 7844

- posted      Profile for ether_ore   Email ether_ore         Edit/Delete Post 
I've already admited that I'm a newbie and a bit of a lurker. I kinda would like to lurk in chat and observe the dialog. Maybe I could work up the nerve to add something to the conversation <grin>.

I'm almost comfortable in MSN 'Peers' chat, but the convo in there is... well, it's mostly flirting, and I'm finding that boring.
For a group in their 50s... it's amazing how much it sounds like a high school corridor. lol.

I never seem to find anyone in chat here. Is the chat button at the top of the screen just not used? Are chat events scheduled? Can someone enlighten me please?

Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Usually when we want to chat here, we start a thread on the other side saying, "Someone get in Parachat!" Or "[person that we know is on and we would like to talk to]! Meet me in Parachat!" Then people mosey on in when they see the thread, and we chat. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verai
Member # 7507

- posted      Profile for Verai   Email Verai         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the chat now [Big Grin]
Posts: 169 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ether_ore
Member # 7844

- posted      Profile for ether_ore   Email ether_ore         Edit/Delete Post 
ty... and just to show how much of a newbie i am... i guess Books, Films, Food and Culture is the "other side"?
Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
yes, and when your over there, this is 'the other side'
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
also there are occassionally people in "hatrack chat" on aim.
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to hatrack chat for the first time in a year tonight and there was no one there. It was very sad. [Frown]

[Side Note: I love that the sad faces are blue, it adds so much more emotion to them]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you get into Hatcrack chat on aim?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Click the buddy chat icon on your buddy list and invite yourself (put your sn in the field for who you want to invite) to Hatrack Chat (change the name of the chatroom to hatrack chat).
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.