FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Unaccompanied Sonata

Author Topic: Unaccompanied Sonata
Moonshine
Member # 7893

- posted      Profile for Moonshine   Email Moonshine         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I read this story a while back and I fell in love with it. I write and if someone took that away from me...I don't know what I'd do. This story was amazing and I've shared it with many people who love it at least as much as I do. Thank you for writing such a true story Mr. Card.

I've actually read the whole "Maps in a Mirror" collection. Has anyone else?

Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ele
Member # 708

- posted      Profile for Ele   Email Ele         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that "Unaccompanied Sonata" is one of the best short stories ever written, anytime by anyone. Additionally, it's my favorite short story, not only of OSC's but of all time. [Smile]

And yes. I've read most of the stories in _MitM_. Another *really* good one is "The Porcelain Salamander." Since you liked "US," I'm sure you will like it.

I think Card is a truly exceptional talent in the short story genre. He's a master at wielding a plot, sharp and shining, to cut your heart. [Smile]

Most definitely!

~Ele

[ May 08, 2005, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Ele ]

Posts: 745 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Doggone it, where were you folks back when Unaccompanied Sonata was losing the Hugo award to George R. R. Martin's "Way of Cross and Dragon"? <grin>
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Ela you're my new best friend-- "The Porcelain Salamander" is one of my favorite short stories ever. [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.