FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » What would you give/do to meet Mr.Card? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What would you give/do to meet Mr.Card?
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
H is for Hitman. That's good enough for me.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdamSchmidt
Member # 8078

- posted      Profile for AdamSchmidt   Email AdamSchmidt         Edit/Delete Post 
I've actually had the good fortune to meet Mr. Card.

September 9, 1995 Mr. Card was in Atlanta for a book signing just after the hard cover release of Alvin Journeyman. I had bought the book the day it became available in Atlanta and had read it before the signing. To my great honor, I found out that I was the first person outside of Mr. Card's family and his editors/publishers that Mr. Card had been able to talk to who had read the book.

Now, ten years later, I still treasure the memory of our discussion of the Alvin Maker books. It was almost as much of an honor and priviledge to get to meet Mr. Card as it was and is to get to read his books.

Thank you... always thank you for writing these books.

Adam

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had chances to meet him. He's had signings in my town.

But honestly I think I'd just go all fan-girl and be totally unable to speak. What do you say to someone who wrote some of your favoritest books in the whole world and whose forum you've camped in for something like 4 years?

::glazed eyes:: "I love your work Mr Card." Ya, I'm sure he's never heard that before.

Or worse... ::open mouth:: "**squeek**"

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Classic
Member # 8075

- posted      Profile for Classic   Email Classic         Edit/Delete Post 
Would it be totally awful to say that once upon a time I loved Anne McCaffrey more than Mr. Card? But alas, I've fallen in love with many of his books- more than McCaffrey.

But if there ever happened to be an opportunity to meet him without stalking his house in Greensboro, I would. I live in Winston Salem NC, remarkably. What luck ^_^

[ May 21, 2005, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Classic ]

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thegameiam
Member # 7305

- posted      Profile for thegameiam   Email thegameiam         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd go to a booksigning, and give him a copy of my band's album which contains a song dedicated to his work. (don't want to be a stalker, neh...)

Oh wait, already did that... [Wink]
hmm...

-David

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just another Dharma bum
Member # 6879

- posted      Profile for Just another Dharma bum   Email Just another Dharma bum         Edit/Delete Post 
My left arm.

Go to a mass (any religion I guess, I haven't gone to one and never plan on it).

Posts: 84 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
We could talk about soup. Perhaps one of the few things that OSC hasn't commented about.
Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catbus
Member # 8088

- posted      Profile for Catbus   Email Catbus         Edit/Delete Post 
I would eat five, count them five, pies. Now that's a lot of pie, folks.
Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trance
Member # 6623

- posted      Profile for trance   Email trance         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'd buy THAT for a dollar......"
Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Name the price...
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chx
Member # 3388

- posted      Profile for chx   Email chx         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Papa Moose:
I thought you'd disappeared from the face of the earth or something. Did you ever finish your Hungarian translation of EG?

--Pop

I am here ever since. It was a translation of ES not EG -- EG was translated long ago, that's how I got hooked [Smile] I got pretty far, but not finished, not even now. I am a bit lazy and while ES is a very good read, immersing in that text makes me depressive, gloomy. I a tad bit oversensitive, I know.

Also, there is no interest in the market. Maybe when the book will come. And then, the powers that be will hand the book to a drone and get a weak translation [Frown]

Posts: 30 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.