FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Shadow of the Giant error? *spoilers*

Author Topic: Shadow of the Giant error? *spoilers*
Carl Conrad Coreander
Member # 7851

- posted      Profile for Carl Conrad Coreander   Email Carl Conrad Coreander         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I saw a thread about this but I can't find it. I haven't finished this book so try not to spoil. Dr. Volescu asked Bean 'how are my sister and her husband doing?' I could have sworn he was related to Mr. Delphiki...not Mrs. Delphiki..... [Dont Know]
Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate you.

Of course I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh* Carl, I think that means you are right. Actually, I thought that before OSC penned you that little love letter. [Wink]

Oh, and welcome to Hatrack! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
So is the villain in the new book going to be named Carl Coreander? It's a shame to waste a name like that, and now you have motive...
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's one of those twisted things...Steps and second cousins and all...
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
okay good thing I wasn't eating else I would've messed up my moniter and key board that was the funiest thing I've seen all day.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
So will that little slip-up be corrected in the paperback edition?
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

- posted      Profile for TheDisgruntledPostman   Email TheDisgruntledPostman         Edit/Delete Post 
hahaha, Mr.Card, in todays terms(in the nicest possible way ) you have just been burned [Evil Laugh] [ROFL] [Evil Laugh]
In the nicest way possible of course

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
That would be a good idea, to correct it in the paperback. I'll send a note to the editor.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
*remembers the Bean Visits Ender's Childhood Home In Greensboro affair from the hardcover Hegemon*
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
wait.... did it say it was ender's childhood home in the hard cover?
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
At least this one is easier to fix. I don't remember the exact dialogue in question, but just switching around the words "brother" and "sister" along with the appropriate pronouns will probably set it right.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thecrimsonking
Member # 8035

- posted      Profile for thecrimsonking           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. [Wave] This is my first post in Hatrack but I've been here a few times.

Thing is, I think I found ANOTHER error...maybe.

Okay, please try not to spoil cause I'm only on "Ch.18 Yerevan"

In Shadow Puppets (SPOILERS) Bean and Petra make 8 embryos.(By the way, how'd Petra get all those eggs so fast?) Volescu discards three of them.

In Shadow of the Giant , Bean and Petra are trying to find 8 children again b/c they thought Volescu tricked them. Weren't they watching him though? How could he?

Anyway, what I REALLY didn't understand was at the end of the chapter when Petra recovered Bella and already had baby Ender. She said "Seven to go." Was baby Ender's embryo created after the first 8 maybe? I always thought it was one of them... [Wall Bash]

Edit: On second thought this is a kinda old thread. I think I'll make a new one.

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasmine
Member # 7370

- posted      Profile for Jasmine   Email Jasmine         Edit/Delete Post 
it was one of them. there are 9 embryos in all, and she had 2 of the babies
Welcome to the forums [Wave]

Petra took pills to ovulate/draw out more eggs

Posts: 146 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't really make a difference if it's an old thread, because it gets bumped to the top if someone posts anyway.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thecrimsonking
Member # 8035

- posted      Profile for thecrimsonking           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. Thanks Jasmine. :-)
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.