FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Apple vs. Microsoft!

Author Topic: Apple vs. Microsoft!
Junkman
Member # 8076

- posted      Profile for Junkman           Edit/Delete Post 
you want dumb debates i'll give you dumb debates.

Superman vs. Batman, who would win?

[Smile] vs. [Frown]

Pokemon vs. Digimon

Febreeze vs. Deoderant

Cinderalla Story vs. Pile of garbage

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signine
Member # 7671

- posted      Profile for signine   Email signine         Edit/Delete Post 
Superman vs. Batman - As said before, this depends highly on whether or not Batman has preparation time and/or a choice of battlefields. Superman is pretty much Superman no matter what he does. Batman, on the other hand, needs to have the tools to do the job, and I doubt he carrys around kryptonite on the day by day basis. Give Batman a two week notice that he's going to brawl Superman though, and Superman gets schooled. On a spontaneous battle, Superman clearly has the advantage.

Pokemon vs. Digimon - Both are pretty dumb, but I can say Pokemon takes the advantage by having the most pointlessly addictive gameboy game ever.

Febreeze vs. Deoderant - Febreeze. Why? Because it works on everything, not just a clean body. You can make your couch smell better *or* that pile of laundry in the corner.

Posts: 68 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that even though practically Pokemon is better made, with Digimon they just keep on evolving and evolving and evolving and have combined evolutions until nothing can stand in their way.
Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
My money is on Pile of garbage, as it stays watchable after the opening credits...
Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] beats [Smile] because [Frown] has eyebrows and eyebrows always beat no eyebrows.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Great Bilby
Member # 8033

- posted      Profile for The Great Bilby   Email The Great Bilby         Edit/Delete Post 
you never mention the Apple verses Microtrash [Evil Laugh] origionally named, though Apple has the whole computer and software thing going(you have to use apple SW on an apple computer and vise a versa, Microtrash has the world monopoly, tons of clones, and it runs practically everything. My vote is for open source Lynix, it's free, to download and it's getting better, and if you know how to program, you can make it very personalized . [Wink]
Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"you can make it very personalized"

Down to the spelling, apparently.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Apple Vs. Macintosh-the clone wars have begun hmmm...

Pokemon Vs. Digimon-In Digimon your creatures weren't mindless slaves that were willing to go brawl with other peoples mindless slaves for no apparent reasons. Yay for mindless pokemon slavery!

Deodorant Vs. Febreeze- I am seriously allergic to Febreeze. Not even kidding. [Frown]

Batman Vs. Superman- Unless Batman got hold of Kryptonite their is no stopping Superman. He is indestructible. So either Batman would have to take away the sun or somewhere get a bunch of Krypronite. Not bloody likely! Also Batman has no superpowers whatsoever. Against normal villians he is great but against a full fledged superheroe I think he would get wooped.

Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 0range7Penguin:

Batman Vs. Superman- Unless Batman got hold of Kryptonite their is no stopping Superman. He is indestructible.

He isn't totally indestructible. Look at the Death of Superman series (or any time when Superman fights Doomsday or Darkseid for that matter). Superman can be hurt by stuff other than kryptonite, but it takes a lot of beating to do some damage. I agree though that Batman would probably lose. Batman is a good super hero, but he has little chance of beating Superman. Exceptions to this are if he knew ahead of time and brought kryptonite or he picked the location and made it some place where Superman couldn't get any sun (and even then he'd have to be wearing Superman down somehow to use up his reserve of solar energy).
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

When Doomsday finally "killed" him he came back to life a short time later becuase apperantly his powers brought him back to life. It invanuarbility actually made him less fun I thought and thats why I was a total X-men fan. Back in the good old days where they were all the right ages and Gambit was around. (Before the movies and those new shows where their all in Highschool in other words)
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
Batman would take Superman through proper prior planning....then again I could just be a huge fan of the Dark Knight...
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

quote:
Originally posted by 0range7Penguin:
When Doomsday finally "killed" him he came back to life a short time later becuase apperantly his powers brought him back to life. It invanuarbility actually made him less fun I thought and thats why I was a total X-men fan. Back in the good old days where they were all the right ages and Gambit was around. (Before the movies and those new shows where their all in Highschool in other words)

It wasn't his powers so much that brought him back. His solar reserve combined with the fact that the Eradicator put him in the regeneration matrix (in the Fortress of Solitude) sort of revived him, although he was in a near powerless status. It wasn't until the Eradicator converted a large blast of pure krypytonie (from the engine of Engine City) into energy that Superman came back at full power, and this move cost the Eradicator his life (temporarily). In fact in one of the comics before Superman comes back to full power, Eradicator even tells him that under other circumstances he would be dead and that (thanks to the destruction of the Fortress of Solitude) it would no longer be possible to revive him in such a way. So yeah, it was a combination of things that brought him back (and to full power), and some of those things don't exist anymore. So if he got beaten or killed again, he theoretically couldn't come back (although comic writers always have some sort of plot device to revive characters if they want, just look at Hal Jordan).

I agree about the X-Men stuff. I was reading X-Men books along with the Superman books back in the 90's. It was good stuff. I still love the cartoon from the early to mid-90's. X-Men was good back then. Now there's all sorts of weird stuff going on in the comics, and the cartoons as you said have them all being high school age. Oh well. I guess that's how things go. [Smile]

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

And the original shows theme music was soooo cool [Cry]
Daadaa daadaada daadaa daa dada dada daadaa dada dada!

James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
How about Apple and Microsoft vs. card carrying members of the Linux jihad?

[Wink]

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

A funny story about the X-Men cartoon's theme song. In my freshman year of high school, they played music in between periods, and when the music went off you knew you had one minute left to get to class. Afer a few weeks, they started letting students bring in CDs and (if they were approved) play them over the intercom between periods. One guy I knew burnt a CD that just had the X-Men theme song on it and turned that in. So for a whole week, we had the X-Men theme song playing in between classes. Such a classic week.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.