FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Good job Mr. Card!!!

Author Topic: Good job Mr. Card!!!
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I just checked my new issue of Wizard and what do I see? Your first time writing comicbooks is off to a smashing start, you had the 3rd highest comicbook in terms of sales in march. What a great start. Loved issue two by the way.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't find any of the Iron Man comics anywhere, if that is what we are referring to. I wish I could.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's exactly what I'm refering to. Issue two just came out today. Find it if you can.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bekenn
Member # 6602

- posted      Profile for Bekenn   Email Bekenn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm waiting for the trade.
Posts: 293 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC is a pretty good writer, IMO [Smile]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rackham
Member # 8127

- posted      Profile for Rackham   Email Rackham         Edit/Delete Post 
anyone know an online source to purchase these comics.
Posts: 62 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't seen #2. Glad it's out. Maybe I ought to turn in the script for #4 one of these days.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rackham
Member # 8127

lol that might help. only if u want to make money and profit for the hours of time u spent writting it.
Posts: 62 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
There isn't a lot of money in comics. You have to do it for love. Love of the medium, but above all love of seeing what great comic artists do with your storylines.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dab
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for dab   Email dab         Edit/Delete Post 
it is amazing how big comics are here in japan... many of my japanise cast members that I work with only read comic books, never novels. On the subway I would say that 50% of the books people are reading are comic books. Here they are published in a book form, not in a magazine form.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rackham
Member # 8127

Orson,
really? i thought it would have been a pretty good, maybe not enought to live on or anything. about how long dose it take you to write a comic?

Dab,
i myself read some japanese comics (manga if u will). what r some of your favs? im reading bleach right now.

Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh yes, comics, lets all reminisce about Calvin and Hobbes, everyone's favorite comic.
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You called?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
They were sold out of #2 at my local comic shop.
Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

#2 issues are always the hardest ones to find because comicbook shop owners always buy way more issues of the #1 issue than the #2.
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone wants to get it online, they have #2 in stock on Mile High Comics.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.