FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC and Bungie?

Author Topic: OSC and Bungie?
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A wild-eyed fan asks,

I'm very concerned about some of Bungie's other game franchises that seem to be getting ignored due to the success of Halo 2. I realize that while making money is nice, Bungie should attend to it's most diehard of fans and finish what it has started before starting work on Halo 3.
First, Pimps At Sea. The game's website was never (apparently) transferred to the new Bungie.net. The old link doesn't work any longer and this isn't a good sign for those of us who have been stealing lunch money for years so we can afford this amazing game.
Second, Quest for the Ruby Emerald. According to the credits of Quest for the Crown, QftRE would be released in 2005. Well, 2005 is already half over and the Quest fan community hasn't heard a peep from Bungie. All we can say is that we hope Bungie hasn't forgotten us, that the delay is worth it, and that Orson Scott Card is doing the story again this time!
Thanks.

Orson Scott Card couldn't do the QftRE story because if his intriguing work on Advent Rising. But good news. Have you ever heard of a little author I like to call Jackie Collins? Excelsior!! Pimps at Sea is still in pre-production.

Found this on bungie.net.

Thought it was kind of interesting. Was this discussed before? I love the fact that I keep seeing Mr. Cards name pop up in various, non-literature, places. So other than the upcoming Advent Rising is he working on any more video game projects?

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
WAIT?!?! OSC is doing the advent rising story?!?! when did this come about?
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inspired
Member # 8130

- posted      Profile for Inspired   Email Inspired         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, there have been a few threads about it, and it turns out he's only doing the first part of it.
Posts: 34 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
archon
Member # 8008

- posted      Profile for archon           Edit/Delete Post 
heh, I was wondering if the Bungie newsletter would find it's way here.

The email from the wild-eyed fan was a joke. Bungie's response was a joke.

OSC has another Alvin Maker game trying to get funding, but other than that, there hasn't been anything announced.

Posts: 50 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inspired
Member # 8130

- posted      Profile for Inspired   Email Inspired         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Peter, there are a number of threads that are related to what games OSC might be related to, including an Ender's Game game, and the Alvin Maker game is supposed to be an MMO from what I have learned from it, and being worked on by the team that worked on A Tale In The Dessert, or something of a similar title.
Posts: 34 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bekenn
Member # 6602

- posted      Profile for Bekenn   Email Bekenn         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, hey, let's not forget that he worked on Monkey Island.

I find it amusing that he's basically just credited for the insults.

Posts: 293 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.