FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ender's Game chosen as One Read

Author Topic: Ender's Game chosen as One Read
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
Below you'll find a link to the complete text of an article in my local newspaper from Tuesday, June 7th.

------------------------------------ Ender's Game Article at Fulton Sun Website
------------------------------------

I sure hope OSC can make it, and if he does I plan to go see him at whichever DBRL library the discussion is.

(NOTE: The Callaway County Public Library is a member of the DBRL system, and is located in Fulton, where I live.)

Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jiminy
Member # 7917

- posted      Profile for Jiminy   Email Jiminy         Edit/Delete Post 
That all sounds awesome. It is extremely cool that the mayor is going to lead a discussion, and getting the author involved aswell would be roughly the pinnacle of coolness. And, it helps, of course, that the book is EG.
Posts: 88 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, we'll be there [Smile]
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool cool cool!

Do you know which library (Ashland [SoBoCo], Columbia, Fulton??) you'll be in?

Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could go. But I didn't read the whole article and have no idea where it is.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Ender's Game" - the first in a series of four books
[Razz] [Big Grin]
quote:
Ender goes to battle school, becomes unbeatable in war games, and is about to save the world, but his brother and sister are plotting against him.

[Confused] Did I miss something?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

Whoa. I didn't even notice that part...the only thing I can think of is that they mean where Peter decides not to let Ender come back to Earth, but that happens AFTER he 'saves the world.'

Hmm...I might say something to the library or the newspaper about that.

genius00345
Member # 8206

UPDATE: I just learned that a local radio station (KOPN) will be broadcasting a discussion about Peter and Valentine's use of the nets to influence public opinion. My contact needs discussion questions, so if anyone has anything good, post it here or email me alex@dakdillon.com

I will post later with the time & date for anyone in Mid-Missouri that wants to listen.

Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
We've worked out the schedule and I will be there. I'm looking forward to it.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

Do you know dates and places yet? I haven't heard anything from the library yet.
genius00345
Member # 8206

Never mind. I just checked the DBRL site and it turns out you'll be here October 6th!

Can't wait!

tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, let me know, I'm not too far away from there, I would love to make the trip!!
Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

tmservo-----> OSC will be at the Columbia Public Library from 2-4 pm for a book signing, and then there will be a lecture at Keller Auditorium at MU at 7:00 pm. Hope you can make it. Maybe we'll see each other, but how will we know?

Many other events going on, so check out the http://www.dbrl.org site...there's a schedule on there if you click the "One Read" logo.

Alex

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.