FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Bugger weaponry

Author Topic: Bugger weaponry
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
The humans had Dr. Device and nuclear missiles before that but what did the buggers use as weapons? I don't think it ever said in the books so I was wondering, Mr. Card, had you ever thought up what the buggers fought with?
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Before what?

And the humans got the little docter after the second invasion.

EDIT: Sorry, its was the second not the first.

Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to think that they launched tiny little buggers with no arms and really, really pointy heads across the void of space to bounce off -- and occasionally chew through -- enemy ships.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Howell
Member # 8072

- posted      Profile for Peter Howell           Edit/Delete Post 
Gah, NOOO! Now that I have that image in my head, I'll never get rid of it. [ROFL]
Posts: 70 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
They Fling Poo! Just really fast.
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

Swoooooop WHAP!
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leon the Professional
Member # 8267

- posted      Profile for Leon the Professional   Email Leon the Professional         Edit/Delete Post 
This is an easy one; even I know it. Nerf darts.

http://www.nerfcenter.com/photos/previews/rf20lg.jpg

Posts: 35 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
no no no, lasers. its mentioned in EG in fact its the reason why Ender left for BS in the first place "..I wouldn't have to see Valentine;s brain turned to liquid from a Bugger laser" I'm paraphrasing but I'm sure thats what it said.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread's title sounds like an inflammatory gun control slogan.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leon the Professional
Member # 8267

- posted      Profile for Leon the Professional   Email Leon the Professional         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Sid, you're right. They do say something very similar to that in EG.

They should have used shotguns in space. Even if you missed the first time, the pellets would potentially hit glass on the fighter ships, and that would definitely be fatal. I know, it's way too impractical and in space it's probably totally ineffective but I just want someone to use a shotgun in null g.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting concept leon.
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

But was the laser used in ship to ship warfare. I got the impression the buggers used lasers for hand to hand combat
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

NOt really "hand to hand" but atleast "laser to shotgun"
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Lawn Jarts. All the left-over lawn jarts.
Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leon the Professional
Member # 8267

Hey now, I actually still own a set of those. They're kinda fun do bust out on a boring weekend.
Brian_Berlin
Member # 6900

- posted      Profile for Brian_Berlin   Email Brian_Berlin         Edit/Delete Post 
Pointy sticks, banannas...
Posts: 116 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheClone
Member # 6141

- posted      Profile for TheClone   Email TheClone         Edit/Delete Post 
Page 11:
quote:
Mother had got upset at him when Peter bought it, but Dad pointed out that the war wouldn't go away just because you hid bugger masks and wouldn't let your kids play with make-believe laser guns.
Page 93:
quote:
The only reason I'm here is so that a bugger won't shoot out Valentine's eye, won't blast her head open liek the soldiers in the videos of the first battle with the buggers. Won't split her head with a beam so hot that her brains burst the skull and spill out like rising dough,
It goes on, but you get the point. So, like Sid said, beams and lasers (for hand-to-hand, at least).

(I hope I'm allowed to post those little excepts!)

Posts: 87 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.