FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC - Come to MN, Please!!

Author Topic: OSC - Come to MN, Please!!
BryanP
Member # 7772

- posted      Profile for BryanP           Edit/Delete Post 
(In advance, I want to say I know this thread is likely a waste of time and just annoying, but, well, I'm going ahead with it anyways.)

You're going to WI on July 9, we're right next to it! Minneapolis has a lot of people who haven't gotten any Card love in....ever? I'm not sure, but now is the perfect time! Whattaya say, you've got some days off after Madison, come on up, it'll be great, you betcha!

Posts: 326 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Days off? No, there are no days off [Smile]
OSC is heading back to Greensboro for final rehearsals of his production of "Steel Magnolias" then back on the road to finish the tour.

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanP
Member # 7772

- posted      Profile for BryanP           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks very much for the reply, I wasn't actually expecting one [Smile]

Well, I guess I can live with the disappointment... [Smile] Still, though, if WI gets the Card-treatment, then I expect a stop at MN someday....

Posts: 326 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jiminy
Member # 7917

- posted      Profile for Jiminy   Email Jiminy         Edit/Delete Post 
Days off? Hardly. What you have to understand, you see, is that every author that visits Madison will become so enamored with my life and mind that he has to call off a week's worth of signing dates and write a book about me. Over the years the tour planners have come to notice this pattern, and have started to plan accordingly. I'm sorry for being so awesome, Minnesota, I really am. But there's nothing to be done, you see.

Well, I guess you could all pool together and buy me a house somewhere else. In, say, Hawaii. With a portcullis and an underground scuba-training facility.

Posts: 88 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShadowPuppet
Member # 8239

- posted      Profile for ShadowPuppet   Email ShadowPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
oh oh

OSC could come to Dodge City KS and all two of his fans here would ride in for fifty miles in our covered wagons to get our copies of Ender's Game (that we copied by hand in candlelight with quill pens) signed and then hang them in plaques on our walls for all our neighbors in the surrounding one hundred mile radius to come around and ask us who the hell Orson Scott Card is and where we learned how to read...

nah I'm just kidding...there's more than two fans here

Posts: 83 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
As another Minnesotan YES! Please come to St.Paul/Minneapolis! It would kick so much @$$! I know of so many people that would come!
Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DavidGill
Member # 8166

- posted      Profile for DavidGill   Email DavidGill         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowPuppet:

nah I'm just kidding...there's more than two fans here

At least a wagon load, I'm sure.
Posts: 80 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

- posted      Profile for Suri-cool   Email Suri-cool         Edit/Delete Post 
WI? Come to Chicago!!!!!!!
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.