FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Pastwatch

Author Topic: Pastwatch
DF2506
Member # 6847

- posted      Profile for DF2506   Email DF2506         Edit/Delete Post 
I just recently finished Lovelock (which was good) and now I started to read Pastwatch. And I have to say this book is really good so far. I'm only on Chapter 2 and this book is so interesting! I can't wait to read more of this.

Please do not post any spoilers in this thread. I'd rather not know what happens (till I read it), but you know, I would like to know what the rest of you thought of Pastwatch.

Wow. This book seems even better then the online preview lead me to believe!

DF2506
" Not that the preview wasn't interesting, it was, but this is just even better! "

Posts: 128 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShadowPuppet
Member # 8239

- posted      Profile for ShadowPuppet   Email ShadowPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
the butler did it...

there I just spoiled the whole story

Posts: 83 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF2506
Member # 6847

the butler did it...

there I just spoiled the whole story >

Darn it! I knew that Butler was up to something!

DF2506
" Wonders if there's really a butler in the story.....NAH! "

Posts: 128 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
I have always felt it to be one of the very best OSC novels. It is very thought provoking and touching. To put my opinion into context for you, my all time favorite book is Songmaster. I've always seemed to like the stand alone books more. I love them all though. I truly treasure my signed 1st edition of Pastwatch though. I bought a paperback to have a reading copy so I can keep it forever perfect!
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dtjunkie
Member # 4143

- posted      Profile for dtjunkie   Email dtjunkie         Edit/Delete Post 
Pastwatch was awesome. Now with the sequel to Enchantment done I am really working forward to the sequel to Pastwatch.

Ah... if only it took me as long to read the books at it takes OSC to write them...

DT

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF2506
Member # 6847

I haven't read Songmaster. I don't think I've even checked out the online preview yet. Maybe I should..

As for Enchantment, I didn't know there was going to be a sequel. Of course, I haven't even read the first one yet (I'll try to soon). lol.

Oh and a Pastwatch sequel? Cool. I can see already that I'm going to like this one alot!

DF2506

dtjunkie
Member # 4143

- posted      Profile for dtjunkie   Email dtjunkie         Edit/Delete Post 
It came out yesterday, called Magic Street. Not really a storyline sequel, but more of a sequel is the sense of a modern day tale with fairy tales involved.

The same thing will be the case with Pastwatch. Not a direct sequel reagarding... well you'll find out... but another story with the same concepts.

DT

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF2506
Member # 6847

Ah yes, Magic Street. I read the 5 chapters online and thought it was interesting, but I'm not sure if I'll read the book or not. Hmm. I don't know. Maybe I will eventually, but I'll wait for now. I'll try to get it via library loan later maybe (have to wait a while though).

I will try to read Enchantment next (after Maps in the Mirror I should say). And maybe check out Songmaster. Not sure.

Anyway, I'm enjoying Pastwatch quiete a bit. I just finished Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 is next. This book is really interesting! Much better then Lovelock, imo.

DF2506
" I did enjoy Lovelock, but I'm enjoying this book more so far. Can't wait to read more. Also hope that the Pastwatch sequel gets done soon. I'm sure I'll want to read it."

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Magic Street is most emphatically not an Enchantment sequel.

Search other threads on this side going back 3 months or so and you'll find the other books OSC is writing or is under contract for.

This list is also known as "Books that will be written before the next volume of Pastwatch."

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
As I've said in previous Pastwatch threads (there have been at least six of them, according to search) -- Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus is one of my favorites of OSC's books - and one of the few I read more than once.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF2506
Member # 6847

Update: I finished Pastwatch last night and I thought it was a great book! The endings (the regular ending and the epliogue) were just perfect (and you rarely see something like this in time travel stories. I like it alot).

Pastwatch is definitly one of my favorite OSC books now. Its up there with two of my favorite books, Speaker For the Dead and Xenocide (I'd say it would come right after Xenocide).

Great book! Can't wait to read the next Pastwatch book!

DF2506
" I hope OSC does that book soon! Though I know he has a lot of other books on his plate...lol."

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.