FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Shadow of the Mind- Next Chapter?

Author Topic: Shadow of the Mind- Next Chapter?
zenjamin
Member # 8317

- posted      Profile for zenjamin   Email zenjamin         Edit/Delete Post 
I am new here so be gentle.
Will the next chapter in the Ender series be the meeting of Bean and the Children of the Mind?
HE has a disease which can only be cured by Jane's peculiar method of transportation.
THEY are facing an unspeakable enemy and could use the greatest tactitian of the 21st century and his equally brilliant offspring.
Even if I am right, I am still looking forward to it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
No, it won't

Use the search feature, or even just browse back a couple of months for several threads on the sequence of Bean/Ender books.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian_Berlin
Member # 6900

- posted      Profile for Brian_Berlin   Email Brian_Berlin         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Z! I agree that this could be an interesting twist/resolution to the story. But in the end, it IS just a story and sometimes the more the author leaves to the imagination... the more fantastic the possibilities. I'm not so worried about having EVERYTHING tied up nicely in a little package. It's ok to leave loose ends loose... makes the stories more real to me.

But if you want to know what REALLY happens... the Beanites evolve into the Spacing Guild Navigators from Dune. Ha!

Posts: 116 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angiomorphism
Member # 8184

- posted      Profile for Angiomorphism           Edit/Delete Post 
i belive that orson said the book after children of the mind would be where the shadow continuation met the ender continuation, whether or not is it bean personally, his children, or their children (?) is yet to be seen.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
two books, one with Ender/Achilles Jr. and then the Bean/Peter-Ender continuation when Beans descendants meet Ender-As-Peter (EAP) and Co.

As for the arguement of if it should be Bean that meets EAP or his descendants while I'll miss Bean I'ld prefer his descendants since it allows for the character development of 3 new characters (one female I think) think about it, we already "know" everything about Bean but what about his kids? This how it'll go i think since its hard to develope so many personallity traits Mr Card will most likely (deliberatly or not) have it so they reflect that personallity of previous characters.

I suspect that the Girl will eb like Petra and the others like Peter and Ender or their opposites (since when are kids COMPLETELY like their parents?).

I'm not a shrink but I believe its two books plus a third book about Mazer.

Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
(Warning: SotG spoilers)
Was the remaining kid who went with Bean male? I can't remember. I can remember little Ender and Carlotta, but nothing about the other one.

Working titles for the books right now:

Ender/Achilles II - Ender in Exile
Lusitanians/Bean clan - Shadows in Flight
Mazer Story - Mazer in Prison

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
And don't go forgetting Battle School Christmas.. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
yea for christmas! [Party] Presents!!!!
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElaRibeira
Member # 8306

- posted      Profile for ElaRibeira   Email ElaRibeira         Edit/Delete Post 
Battle School Christmas. I can just see it - Ender gets a puppy, Petra gets a Barbie *ka-snort*, Bonzo learns that giving is more important than recieving, and Bean hobbles around on a crutch saying "God bless us, everyone!" Not to mention, Santa and his elves work day and night to finish the outerspace sleigh and the spacesuits for the reindeer on time!
Posts: 34 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't be surprised if religious holidays were prohibited in Battle School, like they were under Communism.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.