FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC Magazine (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OSC Magazine
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I abandoned them as soon as they stopped being totally free.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Palmatier
Member # 8415

- posted      Profile for Eric Palmatier   Email Eric Palmatier         Edit/Delete Post 
That was another aspect of the change I didn't like. When you start out free and then move to a pay subscription, can you honestly expect people to beat down your door and pummel you with money? I was pushing for promotional income and minimal paid advertising. We only ever wanted to cover cost, even with the printed edition. Even the online version cost money, but it was a lot cheaper and easier to distribute.

There was once talk of doing a collection book with additional, sometimes unpublished, material. I don't know if that would have been a feasible endeavor, but it sure sounded good at the time.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiara
Member # 8427

- posted      Profile for Aiara   Email Aiara         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to an OSC booksigning and actually heard about this, but haven't been able to find any further information on this site or elsewhere out there. Am I missing something obvious (a frequent happenstance ;-)), or will All Be Revealed when the first issue is ready, and not before?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty much the latter. OSC is making sure the first two issues are ready to go, then he will launch all the marketing for it. Right now this thread has pretty much all of the information that has been released to date.
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DavidGill
Member # 8166

- posted      Profile for DavidGill   Email DavidGill         Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot about the secret decode ring in every issue, Rachel.
Posts: 80 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Secret Decoder Ring?? I'm so in.

It sounds like a great endeavor, I just hope I never forget the passwords.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macnewbold
Member # 7660

- posted      Profile for macnewbold   Email macnewbold         Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds like a great idea. I am totally looking forward to the first issue.
Posts: 52 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LB Bry
Member # 8309

- posted      Profile for LB Bry   Email LB Bry         Edit/Delete Post 
When is the first issue due out?
Posts: 27 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.