FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Doin' the happy house dance...

Author Topic: Doin' the happy house dance...
Don Domande
Member # 8287

- posted      Profile for Don Domande   Email Don Domande         Edit/Delete Post 
Got great news over the weekend - after looking for over 2 years for a house that was within our budget, my wife and I FINALLY had an offer accepted on a house this weekend!

It's an old one - probably 100+ years, but that's just a bonus, IMO. Duplex, so we'll be able to rent the second floor out while we live in the first. Eventually, it will be easy to convert back to a single-family house.

It's going to take a LOT of renovation before we move in, though...and I just noticed that the staircase is rather intricate, and it looks like there was a ballroom downstairs???

Just kidding - had to relate it to OSC somehow!

Just wanted to share!

[The Wave] [The Wave]

[Party]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Are there a couple of batty old lady neighbors next door? A ghost in the basement?

Run away!

A sincere mazel tov to you. Enjoy!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackthorne
Member # 8295

- posted      Profile for Blackthorne   Email Blackthorne         Edit/Delete Post 
My sister and her husband bought a place similar to what you described. There was a lot of renovation problems, but the biggest problem was that there was an ex-confict living in the basement. It turned out okay, they weren't murdered and he left peacably, but I believe they will be much more careful about house shopping [Smile] .
Posts: 60 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I thought things like that only happened in MY stories.

Some ex-convicts are merely former embezzlers or check kiters, and they don't usually kill people. In fact, many of them can augment their rent by helping you with your accounting or managing your investments.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.