FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Carmel, IND

Author Topic: Carmel, IND
OSTY
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for OSTY   Email OSTY         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got home from the long drive from Mid-Michigan to Carmel, Indiana for the OSC book signing at the Barnes and Noble there. 12 hours on the road to spend a little over 2 hours in the Barnes and Noble but it was well worth it. Met some great fellow readers and OSC put on on heck of a chat like always. I could sit and listen to him talk for hours on end about every aspect of his life, from writing to his great rant on the IRS!

Thanks for Tourning Mr. Card, even if it doesn't boost your sales like the publisher think it will I know I will keep buying books and keep feeding your children.

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I was there, and met several other people as well. I missed seeing where everyone was from when they were asking because the place was so packed.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thantos_2000
Member # 8285

- posted      Profile for Thantos_2000           Edit/Delete Post 
I was there too. My wife and I had a great time. Looking foward to the next book signing in the midwest.

BTW Barnes and Noble surely benifited from the signing because I waited until I was at the signing to buy a couple of books that I wanted like Harry Potter and Magic Street. My wife even picked up a magazine or two.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSTY
Member # 1480

yeah Barnes and Noble even got their money from me...I needed to renew my membership and having forgotten the time shift I had an extra hour on my hands. But lucky for all OSC was there signing early again or you all would have had to wait behind me with my 50 books...lol..not quite but close. I was front and center. We had quite a fun group around us...some non-hatrackers and some hatrackers..though I guess we should have exchanges member names.

I think Micheal's down the way is the real store that benifited from my wife and I driving down there cause she spent the signing there shopping and did she ever shop!

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Thantos!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thantos_2000
Member # 8285

Hey BannaOJ [Smile] it was great meeting you guys. I just finished Magic street last night staying up way past my normal bed time (going to bed 1:30am).
Posts: 11 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cr1spy
Member # 8407

- posted      Profile for Cr1spy   Email Cr1spy         Edit/Delete Post 
It was a good signing, but I am not sure that particular B&A is used to that large a crowd. It was a little tight. OSTY, enjoyed meeting you - I was right behind you.

Cr1spy

Posts: 35 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
They're a newish store and are still learning how to deal with crowds. What I'm proud of is that my readers are never an UNRULY crowd. In fact, you were all very, very ruly, and I appreciate that <grin>.

I had a great time. I was stunned, though, that some of you drove so far. Thanks for the extra effort. And I'm glad you got home safely.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSTY
Member # 1480

Mr. Card...That was my second long trip for a signing with you and as we were driving home my wife said "and I know it won't be the last." But I am thinking of maybe trying to set up a road trip with other Hatrackers next time and maybe spare her from having to go. It is always worth the drive just to hear you talk. I think you should make a video of the best of signing tour...it would be a real big money maker. Cr1spy, yes it was great meeting you too...like I said it is always great to be able to put a name with a face of the people the you talk to here!
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
It's 12 hours from Houston, Texas to Indiana??

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

me thinks your town in your profile is not current, perhap?

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thantos_2000
Member # 8285

I really enjoyed myself at the book signing. I was sad though that B and N didn't have Saints. I was hoping they'd have it so I could get it signed. Well, I got it ordered. I'm just going to have to wait til I can get to another signing. :-)

Thantos' wife

Jestak
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for Jestak   Email Jestak         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe if Mr. Card is lurking, he may see this: When, or are you ever going to be in Montana. I understand if it is "never" but it would sure make my day. I understand the population doesn't quite warrant a visit, and it's a long way to the middle of nowhere, but there are fans here that neeeeeeed you. I'll bet you fly over at least once in a while, just swing on down for a day, I think you would be surprised.
Posts: 36 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSTY
Member # 1480

quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:
It's 12 hours from Houston, Texas to Indiana??

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

me thinks your town in your profile is not current, perhap?

FG

Yes, I guess I do need to update my profile..I am now in Michigan
Miriam
Member # 8351

- posted      Profile for Miriam   Email Miriam         Edit/Delete Post 
I really appreciate no one grumbling when Mr. Card pulled my tribe to the front (an 11yr old, an almost 11yr old, an 8yr old and the 21 mo old handfull.) I also appreciate him doing that. Thank you so much to everyone for understanding. It was interesting to hear some of the same questions asked in Carmel as were asked in Madison.

Unfortunately I spent a part of the time chasing the handfull around the store and finding my others every time one of them had wandered off. The oldest and my son kept disappearing. My daughter however would never miss a word spoken by Mr. Card. She really enjoys hearing his thoughts.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.