FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Tribute to They Might Be Giants :)

Author Topic: Tribute to They Might Be Giants :)
TMBG
Member # 8390

- posted      Profile for TMBG   Email TMBG         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just reread the AlvinMaker series, so now I can start Crystal City with it fresh in my memory. When I read Alvin Journeyman, it occured to me that I have no idea who's narrating it. The first chapter is all about "here's who I'm not, and you should know who I AM". So I sat there going through all the characters I could think of, and couldn't logically put one in that place.

My only 2 clues are that he's 1) not Taleswapper, and 2)was in Vigor Church after Alvin's prenticeship and before Calvin left there.

[ July 30, 2005, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: TMBG ]

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like your username.

For some reason I think I got the feeling from Crystal City that it was Arthur Stuart, but I can't remember why.

Previously, I'd always thought it was Taleswapper.

Posts: 1884 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Arthur Stuart.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jongo05
Member # 7580

- posted      Profile for jongo05   Email jongo05         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks a lot, take away all the mystery [Smile]
Posts: 74 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMBG
Member # 8390

- posted      Profile for TMBG   Email TMBG         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, huh? It killed me that I asked a question that just might be answered if I'd finish the series, dangit.

I'm about half-way through Crystal City, and I'm having predictions about the end. That has NEVER happened while reading OSC (unless it was something based upon history: i.e. Sarah et al) I hope I'm totally wrong. And if I'm right, then oh well, cause it's been awesome so far.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure I'd like your username, too, if I had any idea what TMBG stood for.

I always have predictions about the ending of my books when I'm halfway through.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMBG
Member # 8390

It's reassuring as a reader that you are taking your craft seriously. How often are your predictions accurate?!?

TMBG stands for They Might Be Giants, a group I was listening to when I registered as a user.

And while I'm here...well I better go read more of CC, cause I'm mad at Calvin, and I want someone to vent it on. Maybe he changes...

Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

Oh, I love They Might Be Giants. I just don't think of them by their initials.

Mystery solved. Thanks.

Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"the statue got me high"
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was a hotel detective.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMBG
Member # 8390

Meet James Ensor, Belgium's famous painter
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone keeps moving my chair!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laugh hard.

It's a long way to the bank.

Posts: 1884 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They call me Dr. Worm
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to play the drums.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bekenn
Member # 6602

- posted      Profile for Bekenn   Email Bekenn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm your only friend....
Posts: 293 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't twist, it ain't twisting time.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMBG
Member # 8390

Someday mother will die and I'll get the money
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

My sentiments exactly.
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know a girl who's a natural dancer.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

He is our hero.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Is he a dot or is he a speck?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Triangle wins.
trpollen
Member # 8274

- posted      Profile for trpollen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW. [The Wave]
Posts: 24 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came back as a bag of groceries . . .
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where your eyes don't go a filthy scarecrow waves his broomstick arms and does a parody of each unconscious thing you do.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Purple toupee will show the way when summer buh-rings you down.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

In the nightgown of the sullen mooooon.
beverly
Member # 6246

The world's a dress!
beverly
Member # 6246

Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads.
beverly
Member # 6246

The sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear funace; Where hydrogen is built into helium at a temperature of millions of degrees.

Yo-ho it's hot. The sun is not a place where you could live. But here on earth there'd be no life without the light it gives.

beverly
Member # 6246

I've been leaving on my things. So in the morning when the morning bird sings, there's still dinner on my dinner jacket till the dinner bell rings.
beverly
Member # 6246

Mammals, mammals, their names are called, they raise a paw.
kojabu
Member # 8042

They fixed up the corner store like it was a night club
TL
Member # 8124

I can't tell the staff from the customers.
just-a-min
Member # 7308

- posted      Profile for just-a-min   Email just-a-min         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's that blue thing doing here?
Posts: 26 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

Hammer down! Rabbit ears! Hammer down!
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I want to watch a tiny TV.
TMBG
Member # 8390

Juices, muffins, pasta and cheese. Milk, and biscuits, and cocktail sauce. I am a grocery bag. Salsa and pickles, and organic grain. I am a grocery bag. Fresh coffee, and bagels, pudding and soap. Baby formula and ham. I am a grocery bag.
TMBG
Member # 8390

Orson Scott Card and They Might Be Giants. I am in heaven...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.