FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Everything by OSC

Author Topic: Everything by OSC
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I've read almost every novel by OSC and most of his short stories, but I want to team up with all of you to figure out what I'm missing.

I have read:

All or practically all of Maps in a Mirror
The Ender series
The Shadow series
The Alvin series
The Women of Genesis series (so far)
Wyrms
Worthing Chronicles/Saga (but not Hot Sleep)
The Abyss
Homebody
Treasure Box
Enchantment
Songmaster
Treason
Hart's Hope
Saints

I have not read the Homecoming series. I started it, but it wasn't something I felt interested in finishing. I plan on reading Lost Boys soon.

I have read more or less all of A Storyteller in Zion. I also read a picture book about a royal family once . . . but I can't remember its title.

What am I missing?

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crotalus
Member # 7339

- posted      Profile for Crotalus   Email Crotalus         Edit/Delete Post 
Ask Jay, he's got like everything OSC ever published. GOSH!
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
If you check out Idemosthenesl's collection Posted On This Thread it is pretty complete, I think.

Several there I had never heard of until that thread.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Heres what OSC has listed here on this site.

Look at this

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Doh! I've read Stone Tables, Pastwatch, Characters and Viewpoint, and How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy, but I didn't list them.

Is there anyone else who's close? Is there anyone who has read everything? [Smile]

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daric
Member # 8402

- posted      Profile for Daric   Email Daric         Edit/Delete Post 
Magic Street?
Posts: 27 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Not yet. [Smile] I don't think my library has it yet, and I don't currently have money to buy it. And I like to read books before I buy them anyway, 'cause I have too many books as it is.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I've read Listen, Mom and Dad!, which is probably one of his rarer books.

Edit: This list looks pretty definitive.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but have you listened to his scripts (which are actually my favorite of all his works) which he did for Living Scriptures? The scriptures have never been so real to me, and Jesus is literally perfectly written.
Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
I've read everything I can get my hands on, but only the novels. I never pick up magazines so I miss anything written as a short story that he has not published later in a book.
Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

How was it, Jon Boy?

Edit: Looked at your link. Holy cow! OSC is more prolific than I thought!

Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to point out that the list of short stories on the OSC bibliography page is incomplete.

Most obviously, it's missing the two Alvin Maker stories in the Legends anthologies.

Less obviously, it's missing "Vessel," which was published in the December 1999 issue of Fantasy & Science Fiction magazine. (It doesn't look as if you can order it anymore from the magazine's website---gee, I wonder why?)

Did you read "Angles" and "Dust" when they came out in the small book Doorways a few years ago? You could buy it from the store on this site, but not anymore, it seems.

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I want to read everything I can by OSC, but it's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm working on it though! [Razz]
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.