FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Worst end ever. (spoilers - Ender series) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Worst end ever. (spoilers - Ender series)
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

- posted      Profile for TheDisgruntledPostman   Email TheDisgruntledPostman         Edit/Delete Post 
You know a book is really good when people can get worked up about it, haha.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
You ought to see Annie get worked up about The DaVinci Code.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
You ought to see Porter get worked up about chick movies.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tsukuyomi
Member # 8463

- posted      Profile for Tsukuyomi           Edit/Delete Post 
ShadowPuppet - I guess you were drunk before. XD
wow you'v really made me some stuff clear.
(by the way i'm writing in an Hebrew news paper... but still writer!)

now about the ending-
maybe it's not that awful as I thought.
my problem was that Ender and Jane that I loved so much in the story became Peter and Val that I didn't love in the story because both were old when I saw them last time.

Ender got old and didn't even wanted to try and help himself. Jane didn't want it, the bug queen didn't want it, Novinha didn't want it...
guess they all decided to let Ender rest for a while.

I really hope that Ender WILL rise again with Jane.
i'm sure Orson read all that stupid topic.

... soo... i'm counting on you Orson!
I can imagen that for sure... but it wont be the real thing!
it's your story. not mine. i'm just the reader.

the Storyteller always have great responsebility.

so i'll guess that's my final word here.
sorry for all the mess. you were right all the time... you just had to stop yelling and explain yourselvs a lot more like ShadowPuppet did in his last messege.

'till Ender will rise again with Jane AFTER Mind. ... than i'll be back. excpect me. bye...

Posts: 22 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShadowPuppet
Member # 8239

- posted      Profile for ShadowPuppet   Email ShadowPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
boo yea
Posts: 83 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing that made me sad was that Ender never had any biological children of his own. Otherwise the ending was great.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

- posted      Profile for TheDisgruntledPostman   Email TheDisgruntledPostman         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no, Ender as Ender is dead, le fin, he is never going to be himself again, he lived his life tsuku, people have been tryin to say that, he lived his human life we much more excitment than most. Killing a whole species of alien race, flying through a space that was only a theory, getting married and being a father(though he didnt have his own children) experienced loss, he lived his 3,000 year life. Of course i was diapointed when he died, like i already said somewhere back, but Ender, the one everyone loves, is dead. buried underneith human. He isnt Jesus.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

I really don't want to sound mean if i am.
TheSeeingHand
Member # 8349

- posted      Profile for TheSeeingHand   Email TheSeeingHand         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender didn't get together with the woman he first loved.

He fell in love with Novinha.

He died.

Those are the most realistic things that have happened in the Ender series.

Reality. Live with it.

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.