FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Magic Street was Great!

Author Topic: Magic Street was Great!
Von
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Von   Email Von         Edit/Delete Post 
Orson,

In similar fashion to your other stand-alone fiction novels, my wife and I thought Magic Street was great fun! You just might be one of the few modern authors out there that can effectively mix depth and fantasy in the same story. Well done.

P.S. PLEASE WRITE MASTER ALVIN!!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. I finished MAGIC STREET this evening and found it thoroughly entertaining. Of Card's contemporary fantasy novels, I think this is my 2nd favorite, behind LOST BOYS. (His others being Treasure Box, Homebody, and Enchantment).

The aspect I liked most was that it was sort of a sequel to MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM, my favorite Shakespearean play. I wish Card would do something similar by writing a novel that features the heroes of Greek mythology. But I would want that novel to be much less-lighthearted and more of a classic tradgedy.

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
He also did a short film that had a bit to do with "A Midsummer Night's Dream". It is rather amusing. [Smile]

You can see the film here.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.