FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » The Gratuitous Kindness and Meaningful Debate Thread

Author Topic: The Gratuitous Kindness and Meaningful Debate Thread
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack I love YOU! I love your style and your grace. I love your simplicity. I love how easy every thread is to get to and how clear and to the point it all is. I love how there are no annoying pictures all over the place like in other forums. No signatures, no big silly boxes. I love that Orson talks to us here! I love that we really are more like a "community" than any other online place I've seen. I love the way everyone is valued and treated well-and if they're not, there's always people to stick up for them.
starLisa; I think you've heard enough of me singing your praises. You are brilliant. [Smile]
TomDavidson; I really respect your opinion, even when I think it's wrong.
Tante Shvester; you are very clever, funny and interesting.
Dagonee; I always enjoy reading your posts when you are debating something. You are very clear, succinct and captivating.
IdahoEEBoy; I appreciate the growth you seem to have had in posting.
ThePixiest; I love your courage when it was obvious you were nervous.
Enigmatic; You're funny and smart and I always enjoy your posts.
KingOfMen; I love that you're so disagreeable all the time. It's so much fun to watch the upset.
There are lots of others that make Hatrack a magical place for me but how long can I make this post? I'll keep coming back when I want to be kind and say thanks, or just tell you how I adore you or whatnot. This is my gratuitous kindness post, maybe later I'll fit some meaningful debate in.
Thanks,
Nikki [Smile]

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macnewbold
Member # 7660

- posted      Profile for macnewbold   Email macnewbold         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! I've been avoiding That Other Thread for quite a while now, because there's already enough of That going on in various parts of Hatrack. Thanks, Treason, for turning things around. May this thread grow longer, kinder, and happier than That Other Thread!

Mac

Posts: 52 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not in the top ten... [Frown]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

Hey! This is not the sad face thread! It's the happy kindness thread! Now come back here and be nice or I'll [Wall Bash] bash your head to the wall!
[Wink]

To be nice to you, I will say I like your name because it reminds me of a certain monorail named Blaine in a certain wonderful Stephen King series... [Big Grin]

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

people always say I have a one track mind...

Actually with most people the first thing that happens is that they have difficulty pronouncing my name and then when they hear it they go "Oh the pokemon gym teacher".

Treason
Member # 7587

Tante, I think your original thread is kicking this one's booty.
sigh...
I still adore you though!

LivingFiction
Member # 8564

- posted      Profile for LivingFiction   Email LivingFiction         Edit/Delete Post 
Carebear Stare!!!
Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

[ROFL]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always wanted to ride in one of those cloud cars they have. It only gives off cloud as emissions, so I'm guessing it's environmentally friendly.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I think Katrina killed this thread... wait...

SWORDS! Who can not be happy at swords?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Treason:
Tante, I think your original thread is kicking this one's booty.
sigh...
I still adore you though!

Aw, shucks! [Blushing]

This is my favorite dobie-type thread yet. I only started the other one because somebody was being a fussbudget and saying things like, "if you want to have gratuitous fighting and meaningless debate, do it on another thread." So I did.

I never thought it would be popular, though. Or that it would get people upset. Or that it would last for more than, what, five minutes.

Rock on, Treason.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Ok you want happy?

warms up*

Everything is perfect, our government is the pinnicle of honesty and hard work, our leaders are always right, the economy is growing, everyone has jobs, noone is hungry. There are no wars because there is only one nation, there is only one army but its purpose is to protect us for terrorists and counter revolutionaries who are only on their last legs so soon the army will be disbanded.

If the Leader is happy then the people is happy because the Leader is always right, anything else is state treason.

I am and everyone else is happy, we are all equally happy.

Treason
Member # 7587

Blech! I said happy, not stoopid!
[Razz]

I want to be this "State Treason" what would I have to do?

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Well changing your screen name for starters, and reach 1000 posts and say about at least 50 inflamitory things about your government and its policies.
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
Everything is HAPPY!

and if it isnt why i'll *&%$^%&&!!@#!...

sorry, had to get that out.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

"say about at least 50 inflamitory things about your government and its policies."

Pshaw! I can do 100 easy.

[Big Grin]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Everything is perfect, our government is the pinnicle of honesty and hard work, our leaders are always right, the economy is growing, everyone has jobs, noone is hungry. There are no wars because there is only one nation, there is only one army but its purpose is to protect us for terrorists and counter revolutionaries who are only on their last legs so soon the army will be disbanded.

I am and everyone else is happy, we are all equally happy.

Ahem. It is the "The Gratuitous Kindness and Meaningful Debate Thread", not the drippy sarcasm thread. If you are interested in a drippy sarcasm thread, then start your own.

Much to the teeth gnashing of the fans on this side of the forum who only want to discuss all things OSC, and be left in peace.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

Ohhhh! The drippy sarcasm thread! I liiike it,I liiike it!!!
Someone start that one! I'm off to work.
I *hug* Hatrack!
[Group Hug]

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Meaningless Debater Invades Meaningful Debate:

*kicks Treason and lights several firecrackers in the rooms, steal his carebear and rips of his head*

*runs away laughing evily*

Treason
Member # 7587

"*kicks Treason and lights several firecrackers in the rooms, steal his carebear and rips of his head*"

Treason *cries*
I'm a girl!

My carebear! *sob*

You have made my happy thread sad.
I still like you.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Care bare stares scare me.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

I would like to take this time to be kind to World of Warcraft.
Ahem! World of Warcraft - Dang, I love you. Thank you for the tremendous headache I have right now. Thank you for letting me waste my free time on your awesome quests.
I love you, Warcraft.

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
T_Smith... I'd like to thank you for a great example of assonance. Way to go!
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

*cry*
I need a hug!

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan, I'd like to applaud you on your quick understanding of what assonance is. Way to go!
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

WoW i geuss is okay, kinda the successor to EQ.

However I like Eve, play eve... NOW! *jedi hand swosh*

Treason
Member # 7587

T_Smith... I'd like to thank you for a great example of assonance. Way to go!

Jonathan, I'd like to applaud you on your quick understanding of what assonance is. Way to go!

[ROFL]

You know boys, I thought this WASN'T the "Drippy Sarcasm" thread!

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I wasn't being sarcastic. Funny, yes, but Jonathan had asked minutes before (on the other side) what assonance was in Hebrew, and I answered him. I came over here and he'd applauded T_Smith on his assonance, so I thought a compliment was in order. [Smile] I was also hoping Jonathan would get a laugh out of my comment.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

Aw, it was funnier the other way! [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.